Global Sector Coordinator- Agriculture Value Chains
- The Hague
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on our operations and SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
The role of the Global Sector Coordinator in the thematic area of Agriculture Value Chains is to (1) strengthen SNV’s global position (2) develop new business for SNV (3) provide technical assistance to selected SNV projects as per project contracts (for 50%) (4) ensure quality of delivery of running projects (5) lead SNV’s thematic team, develop innovative solutions and coordinate learning and (6) maintain and expand SNV’s relations and partnerships with key thematic players.
This position reports to the Managing Director for Agriculture and works in close collaboration with the Global Agriculture Sector team, Country Directors, Country Sector Leaders and Marketing and Business Development team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Leads global agriculture strategy development with a focus on developing innovative solutions on agriculture value chains, agribusiness and related areas;
- Ensures high quality of delivery of ongoing projects by supporting and coaching country teams;
- Secures new business for SNV by providing sector information, market- and donor intelligence, supporting proposal development, and conducting proposal technical quality reviews;
- Design and develop new programmes and projects relating to agribusiness and value chain development by initiating and technically leading new donor proposal development;
- Support SNV’s value chain projects in close collaboration with the project managers by delivering short-term support for improvements and or providing technical assistance on the implementation of ongoing projects;
- Maintain and expand SNV’s relations and strategic partnerships in the agriculture value chain industry including working with them to identify upgrading opportunities, public-private partnerships and other opportunities that support an industrywide vision;
- Prepare, maintain and update knowledge agenda, capture lessons learnt including collection and dissemination of knowledge products to stimulate internal and external knowledge exchange and initiate global learning;
- Build, maintain and utilise networks and relationships with relevant stakeholders e.g. companies, research institutions, universities, donors, etc.
- Represents SNV at key international events;
- Provides thematic contents to SNV’s Marketing and Business Development team;
- Undertake frequent travel to the projects.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline e.g. agriculture, agribusiness, and agronomy;
- Proven track record with over 10 years of experience in the sector in an international, multi-country context, including advisory work and knowledge development;
- Solid expertise and experience in agriculture value chain development with a focus on quality and driving for continuous improvement of deliveries in the sector;
- Excellent track record in supervision, advisory work related to production, supply chain management, private sector development and technical backstopping;
- Proven ability and experience of mobilising resources from the public and private sector;
- Credible international track record and expertise in designing and implementing programmes;
- Excellent social and networking skills, the ability to engage with governments and the private sector including influencing skills and experience of working effectively in a matrix organisation;
- Strong international networks within the agricultural sector;
- Sound experience within knowledge development, organisational learning and innovation;
- Entrepreneurial, result-oriented and driver for change
- Visionary and able to strategically inspire and energise teams;
- Ability to coach, lead, stimulate, and inspire professionals in a development context;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and French is required.
Terms of Appointment
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being contracted on a three-year basis with the possibility of renewal. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
- Please submit your application via SmartRecruiters on or before 02 November 2018 if you wish to be considered for this position. All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
- We will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission. Please note that reference checks may be conducted prior to your face-to-face interviews.
- Should SNV wish to proceed with your application two interviews with the Selection Committee will take place.