WASH Team Leader - Honduras
- Goascoran, Honduras
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
In WASH, SNV aims to impact the lives of under-served communities in rural, peri-urban, and small town areas to improve their health and well-being through our contribution to (1) adequate and sustainable access to safe, sufficient, and reliable drinking water, (2) access to improved sanitation and sustained hygiene behaviour change as part of their daily lives and (3) improving water resource management and the natural environment.
In all the programmes, SNV provides capacity building support to national and local government institutions towards better service delivery through improved targeting, transparency and efficiency of investments, more equitable access, improved management of assets, and improved alignment to the sector policies and guidelines.
For more information on our operations in please visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the position
Watersheds Community Management Program "Nuestra Cuenca Goascoran". Phase 2
The Watershed Community Management Program (PGCC) known as "Nuestra Cuenca Goascorán" (NCG) is located between Honduras and El Salvador and has been supported by COSUDE since 2013.
The current process for the four-year Phase 2 Program (2019-2022) aims to support the producing families of the Goascorán basin to promote, from their basin organizations, the governance of natural resources and to reduce their vulnerability to climate change impacts and natural disasters.
The scope of the current Phase is defined through two specific objectives (outcome):
- Producing families and community organizations of the Goascorán basin adopt technologies and works of CCA / DRR with mechanisms of equity, sustainability and territorial ordering.
- Basin organizations (micro basin, sub basin and Goascorán basin) promote water governance and sustainable territorial development in an articulated manner engaging with all stakeholders in the Goascorán Basin and with the national legal-institutional framework of the country.
SNV is seeking to engage (subject to winning a bid) the services of an international long-term expert who will be assigned for programme management and take charge of general coordination of the implementation team, project consultations with partners, subcontractors, local communities, river basin council, National and Local level Honduran authorities and the Donor.
The expert will assume the role of Coordinator Program Management Unit and will be expected to deliver at 100% allocation of time (4 years)
Purpose: Ensure the good performance of the Program Facilitation Unit (PFU) in terms of achieving strategic and operational results of the program
- Lead and facilitate compliance with the main administrative and program management functions (Programming, operations, control and evaluation);
- Promote and build institutional arrangements to ensure the implementation corresponds to the annual operating plans and follows sustainability criteria;
- Organize and follow up on the support provided to the basin organizations and their members;
- Incentivize and monitor the best performance of the staff of the PFU;
- Support the best functioning of the governing and consulting bodies of the program (SC, OC, Basin Council), while effectively exercising the functions of secretary in these bodies.
- At least a master's degree in natural, environmental or related sciences
- Postgraduate in management or administration.
- At least 10 years of management, administration or main advisory role responsibilities in institutions or projects for development, with an emphasis on rural areas
- Extensive experience in building relationships with international cooperation agencies that support vulnerable or traditionally excluded populations in rural areas
- At least 5 years of experience on watershed management, natural resource management and governance
- Extensive knowledge of public institutional functioning, both at national and local levels, in Honduras
- Oral and written communication skills in Spanish. Desirable also in English, handling of equipment and modern communication applications
- Facility to organize and facilitate work of interdisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Good ability to adapt to different social and environmental contexts
- Respect and appreciation towards native and rural people and communities
Contract Type: International
Contract Duration: 4 years (subject to a winning bid)
Expected Start Date: 2019
Duty Station: Honduras
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before September 28, 2018.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement