Human Resources Officer
- Maputo, Mozambique
At SNV our people are our greatest asset. Our unique organisation attracts individuals who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our strategy and mission to improve the lives of millions of people.
The culture at SNV is informal, rewarding, and challenging and teamwork plays a key role. We value diverse perspectives and give people the opportunity and responsibility to grow SNV around the globe. SNV staff thrive in an environment of meaningful work and are proud of the results they achieve.
HR partners strategically with our core sectors (Agriculture, Energy and WASH), supporting the recruitment and deployment of key staff for high profile projects and programmes. In the coming years, we will be focusing on further developing a future-oriented recruitment process, building skill pools and talent management & succession planning.
This is a senior HR position leading the HR support in SNV Mozambique and providing HR services where recruitment is paramount. Acting as a trusted partner and advisor for management, international HR colleagues and staff, you are the first point of contact for most HR related issues in SNV Mozambique and you execute policies in a fair and accurate manner. In addition, you play an instrumental role in developing and implementing innovative HR solutions for SNV Mozambique.
- You enjoy the challenge to find the best talent by planning, managing and executing sourcing strategies. You are experienced in managing and executing a full end to end recruitment cycle.
- Finding solutions for complex HR questions including compensation and benefits is your trade. You are thorough and pay attention to detail and ensure flawless execution of HR processes.
- Effectively build working relationships with managers and employees in SNV Mozambique in order to support and coach them on subjects such as people & performance management, employee engagement, employment legislation and policies, expat management etc.
- It is a big advantage if you have demonstrable experience with actively contributing to proposal development and building external and internal pools of talent to quickly meet current and future workforce needs.
- You are result-driven, able to source and win the best talent in a competitive market. You continuously invest in building and maintaining potential talents through ongoing relationship management.
- Bachelor/Master degree with a proven track record of 7+ years of combined General HR and recruitment experiences preferably a combination of a consulting company and a multinational environment.
- Relevant HR work experience and up-to-date network is preferred.
- Excellent Portuguese and English communication skills.
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing multicultural work environment.
- A flexible team player who is self-directed, detail-oriented, problem solver contributing to building trust and collaborative working relationships.
- Strong influencing skills, keeping confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
- Good IT, administrative, organising and delegation skills.
- An organisation that is set on inclusive and lasting change
- We will support you in your development as a HR Professional
- Location Maputo
WANT TO JOIN US?
We kindly ask you to send your application in English and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system via the I am Interested button above before 29 April.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.