Renewable Energy Senior Professionals - Expression of Interest (Global)
- SNV Global, xx
- Contract type: International employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV is continually looking for seasoned and dynamic Project Managers and Sector Leaders for large, single and multi-country projects, subject to donor approval. This vacancy intends to build a pool of Renewable Energy experts for SNV globally who can be considered for future roles.
The main target group of the SNV Energy sector are consumers of clean energy: low income end-users, households and local entrepreneurs. Access to clean energy helps them to achieve improvements in their health, education, safety and gender equality, to reduce drudgery and costs, and helps also to reduce climate change.
We target local producers, construction companies and masons, retailers and service providers of clean energy appliances and fuels by increasing their income and employment.
As SNV Energy sector, we will accelerate access to clean energy by offering the following solutions: Off-grid Electricity; Clean Cooking and Heating; and the cross sector product Climate, Business and Landscapes. Specific approaches have been developed for gender and youth employment.
Innovations areas include: urban energy; use of smart phones and data analytics; alignment with national climate policies; and promotion of off-grid electricity in national planning.
Ensure implementation of the project work plan, as per the SNV project management procedures, internal reporting, donor requirements and contract;
- Lead, manage relationships and motivate the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders, plan and assign deliverables, review their progress and address deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set;
- Contract Management & Budget Oversight - Manage and account for administrative, finance and procurement components of the project in line with SNV and donor requirements;
- Human Resources Management & Team Leadership - Plan and manage HR workflow by forecasting personnel needs and supporting in recruitment & selection;
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting - Formulate and implement M&E plan; ensure data collection and reporting for project, including risk monitoring and reporting;
- Knowledge, documentation and communication - Ensure full synthesis, analysis and documentation and sharing of project insights and results, signal potential for positioning, innovation, up-scaling and potential follow up projects;
- Network and Relationship building - Build and maintain effective relationships, with the government and local authorities, external partners and the donor.
- Strategic Leadership: develop country level Energy strategy aligned to corporate Energy frameworks;
- Advisory Services: lead complex assignments, set benchmarks for results, and monitor quality of advisory services of the Energy sector team;
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative Energy programs;
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV advisors, local capacity builders and consultants;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of Energy programs in line with SNV’s internal frameworks;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV’s market position and actively participate in external and internal networks;
- Contribute to SNV as a member of the Country Management Team.
Relevant required experience in Energy or related field;
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Energy service delivery including at least 5 years in a project management role, preferably in Africa or Asia;
- Proven track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large scale comprehensive projects;
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting (worked and lived in Africa or Asia);
- Strong background in resource mobilization; demonstrated program design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Proficiency in English required (Portuguese and/or French are a plus);
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organizational skills.
Key Steps in the Selection Process
1. Please submit your application in English via SmartRecruiters if you wish to be considered for potential Renewal Energy positions. All information will be in the strictest confidence.
2. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application and your profile match with the specific position requirements to be considered in the pool of Renewable Energy experts.
3. During an opening position, SNV will communicate to the pool of experts, via a SmartRecruiters message, where to apply and find the specific requirements
4. During the recruitment process, we will require that you provide us with full details of three people who are willing to act as a referee. We will not contact these referees without your explicit permission. Please note that reference checks may be conducted prior to your face-to-face interviews.
5. Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, selection process will be communicate to the shortlisted candidates.
6. After your interviews with the Selection Committee, we will advise you of the Committee’s decision as soon as possible. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to furnish SNV with original copies of their qualifications prior to an offer being extended
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation.
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of Energy experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted