- Kampala, Uganda
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organizational founded in the Netherlands in 1965; and currently maintains a global presence in 30 countries;across Africa, Asia and Latin America. SNV has been present in Uganda since 1989 and currently undertakes donor funded programming within 100+ districts across the country. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors and maintains the belief that no one should have to live in poverty; and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. SNV contributes to programming within the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors by strengthening the capacities of targeted partners and communities at the field level; in order to realize increased skill sets and sustainable performance; reduce poverty levels, expand employment; improve food security; while paying special
attention to gender equity, social inclusion of marginalized groups and stakeholder accountability.
As our programme in Uganda continues to grow, we are looking for both Junior and senior dynamic professionals to join our team. Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change.
Financial Management, Planning & Control
- Ensure compliance with internal and external procedures and guidelines concerning financial administration of programs and projects
- Ensures compliance with SNV corporate and generally accepted accounting policies
- Monthly Liquidity planning and forecasting
- Maintain up-to-date LCB monitoring tool.
- Bank Reconciliations (Coordination and ensuring all reconciliations are prepared and approved on a weekly and monthly basis)
- Supports budget holders in ensuring compliance to budget procedures and donor / corporate regulations
- Ensures control,monitoring and execution of all financial related activities in country office
- Filing of tax returns (WHT, VAT) timely
- Time booking compliance checks in liaison with the HR on a weekly basis
- Engage with the Operations Officer on a quarterly basis in the review of the entity’s fixed assets and inventories.
- Petty Cash Management
Financial Accounting & Administration
- Monitor , analyse and report on project fund depletion on a monthly basis
- Processing of Cash and Cheque Payments after verification of supporting documents
- Financial Transactions processing in the Financial system
- Update of the prequalified suppliers list.
- Generate and provide appropriate financial reports to internal stakeholders on funds depletion
- Provide accurate and timely financial data to project leaders according to contract conditions
- Carryout proper financial and administrative closing of projects in line with donor and SNV guidelines
As provided by the Country Controller
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics , statistics or related field from a recognized University
Professional accounting qualifications and membership to ICPAU /ACCA;
Qualifications in information systems especially use of ERP.
At least 5 years of experience in accounting work in a busy environment
Good analytical skills
Ability to meet deadlines and to work within a team
Fluency in written and spoken English.
Computer literate,proficient with MS Word, Excel and financial applications.
A self-motivated achiever with excellent leadership, teamwork, coaching,
communication, analytical and organisational skills.
Strong work ethics, high level of confidentiality and Integrity
Application Deadline: by 28th November 2018.
Contract Duration : 2 year with possible extension
Contract Type: Local (open to Ugandan nationals only)
Duty Stations: Kampala (with frequent field travels)
Desired Start Date: 1st Jan 2019