Sector Leader WASH - Cambodia
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Contract type: International employment contract
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been active in Cambodia since 2005, supporting inclusive growth and development through effective, sustainable solutions. SNV’s poverty reduction efforts focus on Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) sectors.
SNV’s WASH programme in Cambodia is results-driven, market-based and inclusive. Together with government partners, civil society and the private sector, SNV develops effective and scalable services to improve sanitation, hygiene, and water supply.
The SNV WASH team in Cambodia is comprised of 12 advisors implementing several projects funded by various donors in the provinces of Kampot, Kampong Speu, Battambang, Pursat and Siem Reap.
For more information on our operations in Cambodia visit our website: www.snv.org
Overview of the position
SNV seeks a talented, entrepreneurial, result oriented and proven professional who will work with the country team in Cambodia to further build on SNVs high quality WASH programme.
The WASH Sector Leader
- Is responsible the management of large rural sanitation projects (approx. 70% input). This includes overall project and financial management and technical implementation of WASH projects in line with donor requirements; team management and serving as primary liaison with the funder and implementing partners.
- Will lead of the SNV Cambodia WASH Sector Programme (approx 30% input). This includes overall quality of programme content, business development, resource mobilization, communications and knowledge management.
The WASH Sector Leader works at national level, engages with the programme leaders at local level, reports directly to the Country Director and collaborates closely with the WASH global sector team.
- Strategic Leadership: develop country level WASH strategy aligned to corporate WASH frameworks;
- Advisory Services: lead complex assignments, set benchmarks for results, and monitor quality of advisory services of the WASH sector team;
- Programme Management: deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative WASH programmes;
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV advisors, local capacity builders and consultants;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of WASH programmes in line with SNV’s internal frameworks;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV’s market position and actively participate in external and internal networks;
- Facilitate learning, documentation and evidence based knowledge development in collaboration with SNV’s global team and partners;
- Contribute to SNV as a member of the Country Management Team.
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in WASH or related field;
- 7+ years of relevant experience in WASH service delivery including at least 5 years in a management role, preferably in Asia;
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting;
- Strong background in resource mobilisation; demonstrated programme design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management;
- Proven track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large scale comprehensive projects;
- Established WASH networks and strong relationship management skills;
- Proficiency in English required;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organisational skills.
Contract Type: International
Contract Duration: 1 year with the intent to extend pending additional funding
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Information Duty Station: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply:
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before March 31, 2018.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement