On- call Transport Facilitator
- Kampala, Uganda
- Contract type: Short term consultancy contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a not-for-profit international development organizational founded in the Netherlands in 1965; and currently maintains a global presence in 30 countries;across Africa, Asia and Latin America. SNV has been present in Uganda since 1989 and currently undertakes donor funded programming within 100+ districts across the country. As an organisation, SNV focuses on the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors and maintains the belief that no one should have to live in poverty; and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. SNV contributes to programming within the Agriculture, WASH and Energy sectors by strengthening the capacities of targeted partners and communities at the field level; in order to realize increased skill sets and sustainable performance; reduce poverty levels, expand employment; improve food security; while paying special attention to gender equity, social inclusion of marginalized groups and stakeholder accountability.
As our programme in Uganda continues to grow, we are looking for senior dynamic professionals to join our team. Interested candidates should meet the basic qualifications outlined within the Candidate Profile and exhibit a strong desire to be a catalyst for change
- Ensure efficient vehicle operation, safety and cleanliness.
- Drive passengers or deliver errands to the identified areas, following the traffic regulations, safety instructions and situations and based on travel arrangements of the passengers and/or delivery requirements.
- Present safety briefings to passengers prior to trip departures.
- Carry out minor technical maintenance and basic repairs of SNV vehicles.
- Administer and maintain an up to date log book of all driving activities, fuel consumption, incidents and accidents, and update the vehicle maintenance and analysis sheet on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate all logistical activities related and not limited to workshops, meetings and trainings as will be assigned to you.
- Coordinate schedules for periodical vehicle service/maintenance with management and staff to minimise interruptions.
- Coordinate schedules for periodical generator service and maintenance and ensure well-kept generator fuel, service and maintenance records.
- Ensure valid insurances for the vehicles in the region.
- Carry on basic office tasks such as photocopying,printing, setting flip chat stands during meetings, registering participants in meetings, paying out transport refund to workshop participants.
- Any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- An Advanced level certificate
- Practical Defence driving and certificate,A Training in defensive driving done less than two years ago
- Must be above 35 years of age.
- Vocational training in vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Valid and clean drivers’ license
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of driving
- A training in logistics will be an added advantage
- Ability to communicate (speak, write and read) in English language
- Ability to work in a team and to multi-task
- Computer knowledge will be an added advantage
Application Deadline: by 30th June 2018.
Contract Duration : On- Call basis
Contract Type: Local (open to Ugandan nationals only)
Duty Stations: Kampala
Desired Start Date: August 2018