Senoir Advisor, Agriculture - Multiple projects
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV is a non-profit international development organisation established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty. We are present on the ground in 38 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America and operates in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Our more than 1,000 advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and over 80 per cent are nationals of the countries where we work.
SNV Agriculture focuses in on market-based approaches to sustainably grow more food, and to strengthen the climate resilience of both farms and markets. To realise this, in Kenya SNV is implementing several projects that aim at impacting the sector through selected value chain development, and enhancing market systems in dairy, horticulture, livestock and cereals and pulses etc.; within the context of climate smart driven agriculture.
SNV Kenya is looking for short term input/ support by a senior advisor to provide technical support to on-going projects in agriculture sector programme that aim to enhance market systems for selected agriculture commodities with a view to improving incomes and food security for small holder farmers while utilizing environmentally friendly production systems.
The senior advisor will support the implementation of two projects in on-going work in production, access to finance, market linkages as well as documenting emerging lessons and packaging the same for future scale-up. Whereas the said projects have different timelines, one of the project will complete implementation phase in December of 2017, another in 2018; and therefore consolidation of results and documentation of experiences is a key requirement.
Providing technical support in identified areas of on-going projects
Consolidating the implementation
Supporting in the M&E and a knowledge development agenda which will include – reviewing respective project Theory of Change, results framework and annual work plans, and undertake documentation of interventions
Maintaining and expanding SNV’s relations with the consortium partnerships in the respective
Liaising with project managers and teams to specify scope of work within each project
Supporting in the uploading of key project documents into the project share point
Supporting the agriculture sector leader in identifying and developing new business for the agriculture
Translating key learnings from the projects into workable concepts for future project development
- Degree in agribusiness, agriculture economics or agriculture and a master degree
- At least 8-10 years of practical experience in agriculture project management, market facilitation and business development
- Exposure to project development and management at sector/systemic level, including the management of projects
- Knowledge and experience on aspects of agricultural supply chains in the Kenya context
- Excellent relationship management skills to manage the consortium
- Proven ability in M&E and a knowledge development agenda
- Good networks in the Kenya agriculture sector is an advantage
- Management, training and coaching experience and skills
- Extensive work experience in a multicultural environment
- Good communication skills in English
- Good computer skills
- Willingness to travel to project regions in Kenya
Contract Duration: 4.5 to 5 months
Desired start date: August, 2017
How to apply
Please apply by clicking on the I AM INTERESTED tab on this page and submitting application letter and a CV that contains three referees in English before 2nd of August, 2017.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted