Market Research Analyst / (Junior) Projektmanager in der Marktforschung
- Berlin, Germany
Do you want to influence the decisions of world's leading multinationals? Are you ready for an analytically challenging and rewarding job? Do you have a passionate curiosity about what and why people do what they do? Then apply for our Berlin office as a Research Analyst!
SKIM is a global insights agency helping leading companies thrive by understanding decision making. We combine decision-behavior know-how with analytical rigor, a thorough understanding of marketing challenges, and innovative research techniques. We do so with a team of 200+ employees spread out over 9 offices on 4 different continents! We have a unique opportunity for you to kick-start your career in Market Research and be taken along in the exciting journey of further shaping our office in Berlin. The Berlin team has a close connection with the headquarters in Rotterdam when it comes to onboarding, training, working on projects, and the like. We are specifically looking for fluent German speakers who would almost describe themselves as a data geek!
Before your journey in Berlin starts, you will be working from our Headquarters in Rotterdam for 2 up to 3 months. During this period, you will get acquainted with SKIM’s vibe, people and methods; crucial elements for you to bring when moving to our Berlin office! Once you are packed with this luggage, you will be ready to join the Berlin team! FYI: due to COVID-19, we have revamped this period in Rotterdam into a remote onboarding experience in which over 40 SKIMmers globally have successfully joined SKIM!
We are looking for a new colleague to support our Berlin team. Your focus will be on quantitative research methods and techniques in relation to business questions and marketing problems. You will be exposed to multiple different industries (Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Telecoms, Technologies and Consumer Health).
Your responsibilities include:
- Managing and executing all phases of a market research study: questionnaire design and programming, fieldwork coordination, analysis of the data and preparation of consultative reports and presentations in line with strategic business issues
- Consulting clients on their business issues to help optimize marketing communication, product pricing and portfolios, and new product developments
- Ensuring that the assigned projects are optimally carried out and deadlines are met
- Ensuring good and efficient collaboration with fieldwork agencies in different countries
- Independent management of client contact during day-to-day project management
- Influencing the future of SKIM
More specifically, we are looking for a dedicated, smart and enthusiastic team player with:
- A Master’s degree in economics, business administration, market research, marketing, life sciences, sociology or psychology
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills along with a keen interest in data & data analysis
- Excitement for programs like Excel, R, SPSS, Matlab
- Programming skills, and experience with VBA/macros are a plus
- Keen interest in quantitative market research methodologies
- Keen interest in talking to clients of leading companies and consulting them on their business challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Full German language proficiency. Note that we will only consider applicants with the proficiency of a native German speaker
- Proactive attitude expressed in extracurricular activities
- Ability to quickly adapt to a complex, dynamic environment
- Independent, yet a team player
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit sharing bonus
- Active external trainings in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training
- An office in the heart of Berlin
- A company that strives to foster an inclusive hybrid workspace both in the office, as well as remote
- Regular team outings and events
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Open, communicative work environment
- Flat organizational structure
- Work / life balance
- Casual dress code
- Great passionate colleagues
- Company pension scheme
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual.
Please note that only complete applications consisting of a resume and cover letter in English will be considered. Furthermore, only applicants with native German speaking skills will be considered. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are invited to the first round selection process will be further contacted (this may take 1-3 weeks).