Senior Research Manager
- Berlin, Germany
Do you want to influence the decisions of the world’s leading companies? Do you have market research experience and a natural talent for building strong client relationships? Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Join SKIM Berlin as Senior Research Manager!
SKIM is a global insights agency helping leading companies thrive by understanding decision making. To stay ahead today, it’s critical to know how decisions are made and how the changing environment influences decisions for consumers, healthcare and B2B professionals. We combine decision-behavior know-how with analytical rigor, a thorough understanding of marketing challenges, and innovative research techniques. The result? Practical recommendations you can use to propel your business forward, online and offline.
This is a unique opportunity for a bright and driven Senior Manager to be part of the exciting journey of shaping our Berlin office as it grows. We operate in an entrepreneurial environment which requires a self-motivated individual who is not afraid to take the lead.
You will join our Berlin team as a Senior Manager, using your strong analytical skills you will lead studies as a consultant and advise our clients through delivering clear and actionable insights. You will deepen relationships with our existing clients and establish strong ties with new, prospect clients.
More specifically, we're looking for someone who is excited and ready to:
- Be a consultant to our clients and serve as a strategic sparring partner. You will discuss marketing issues/business problems during and outside of market research projects with senior audiences and help them solve their biggest challenges by providing clear and actionable advice
- Manage, supervise, and partially execute all phases of market research studies: proposal, setup, analysis, reporting, presentation and implementation
- Develop strong relationships and repeat projects with our existing clients by providing a client-first mentality and focusing on business challenges
- Supervise the work of Analysts and Senior Analysts, and contribute to their growth and career development
- Play an active role in German marketing strategy, e.g. thought leadership opportunities, content development, conference participation, and public relations efforts etc.
- Help drive the future of the company by contributing to the development and refinement of industry-leading proprietary tools and solutions
- Play an active role in contributing to the strategy and vision for SKIM in the DACH region
The ideal candidate will have prior consulting and research experience, combined with an understanding of advanced analytical and data science techniques (e.g. conjoint and multivariate analysis). Typically, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- 6-10 years of relevant work experience within market research, consumer insights or strategic consultancy
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills and data-driven problem-solving using a variety of research methodologies and statistical analyses
- A combination of strong strategic thinking and very hands-on approach
- Proven track record of turning complex business issues and data into simple and actionable recommendations
- Experience in working with clients to define their business questions and outline a clear and considered approach to solving them
- Strong client management and relationship building skills
- An ability to take ownership, organize their own work, and apply a meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of the German Market Research and Consumer Insights market and ideally a client network within the German FMCG, Technology or Telecoms markets
- Fluent in German and English, i.e. you are comfortable speaking German and English with clients and in front of senior audiences
Salary and benefits
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
- Annual performance-based and profit-sharing bonus
- Time for time arrangement
- Regular team outings and events
- Open, communicative work environment
- High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
- Flat organizational structure
- Focus on true work / life balance
- Casual dress code
- Great passionate colleagues
- Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training
- Company pension scheme
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual. We have active training programs in place, many of which are trainings on the job.
Please submit your applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are invited to the first-round selection process will be further contacted (this may take 1-3 weeks). Thank you for your understanding.