Market Research Director
Do you want to influence the decisions of the world’s leading multinationals? Do you have a market research heart and a business mind? Do you love to get your hands dirty? Are you a team leader who inspires your team and helps them reach new heights? Join SKIM’s Singapore team as a Director at our growing Asia-Pacific office!
SKIM is a global insights agency helping leading companies thrive by understanding decision making. To stay ahead today, it’s critical to know how decisions are made and how the changing environment influences decisions for consumers, healthcare and B2B professionals. We combine decision-behavior know-how with analytical rigor, a thorough understanding of marketing challenges, and innovative research techniques. The result? Practical recommendations you can use to propel your business forward, online and offline.
As a Director at SKIM your main responsibilities will be focused on driving and delivering high quality research projects, while also being an operational leader of the office, working together in a Local Leadership Team to drive SKIM’s Asia operations forward. Furthermore, you will have extensive knowledge of SKIM’s methodologies and solutions, consult on large-scale market research / analytics projects, and be hands-on in providing account and project guidance when necessary. We are looking for someone with hands-on experience who is ready to:
- Manage, supervise, and execute all phases of market research studies: proposal, design, programming, questionnaire preparation, analysis, report writing and presentation
- Discuss strategic marketing issues with clients and preparing innovative proposals
- Supervise the work of Senior Analysts and Managers, and contribute to their growth and career development
- Help drive the future of the company by contributing to the improvement of our products and services offered in the region.
In addition, you will ensure the wellbeing of the Singapore team and collaborate with other location managers effectively for the greater good of SKIM. This includes:
- Leading and inspiring the Singapore team towards SKIM’s mission to be the Decision Behavior Experts, while fostering a work environment that is open, inviting, enjoyable and encourages collaboration and new ideas
- Leading the development of an inclusive office culture that values and respects differences in background, skills and experiences, as well as reflect SKIM’s values
- Leading talent development (retention and growth) strategy for the location in conjunction with the Global HR Director and the Local Leadership Team.
- Overseeing and properly delegating the resource allocation based on availability, skill sets and the desired development
- Encouraging training and knowledge sharing on a broad range of topics: new methodological approaches (qual and quant), project related issues, new insights, category trends and expertise, developments in the MR industry, etc.
We are looking for an experienced market researcher who enjoys reaching out to clients pro-actively and has been successful in growing business. More specifically, we’re looking for someone with the following profile:
- In-depth understanding of marketing and business issues, validated by ~10 years’ experience in market research
- Experience working in the FMCG and/or Telecom, Technology and Services industry
- Proven success in business development or account management
- Strong analytical thinking skills and a passion for learning new quantitative research methodologies
- Entrepreneurial and pro-active attitude
- Experienced in people management
- Authorization to work in Singapore a plus
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary, including company benefits: company pension scheme, private health insurance, annual performance-based and profit sharing bonus, and casual dress code.
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual. We have active training programs in place, many of which are trainings on the job.
Please note that only completed applications, consisting of a resume and cover letter, written in English will be considered. Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are invited to the first round selection process will be further contacted (this may take 1-3 weeks). Thank you for your understanding.