Technical Research Analyst
- Rotterdam, Netherlands
Do you thrive in a fast, technical and commercial environment? Are you passionate about finding solutions for complex business problems and ready for a challenging and rewarding career? SKIM is an international market research consultancy that specializes in optimizing consumer offerings by providing actionable insights. Join us as Technical Research Analyst!
SKIM is a global insights agency helping leading companies thrive by understanding decision making. To stay ahead today, it’s critical to know how decisions are made and how the changing environment influences decisions for consumers, healthcare and B2B professionals. We combine decision-behavior know-how with analytical rigor, a thorough understanding of marketing challenges, and innovative research techniques. The result? Practical recommendations clients can use to propel their business forward, online and offline.
SKIM has several business units of which Data Science is one. Data Science is a think tank; a globally recognized master of conjoint methodology, always ahead of competition working at the forefront on inventing and adopting new approaches to discrete choice modelling and advanced analytics. We are a sparring partner to consultancy houses like BCG and McKinsey, fellow market research firms and other SKIM units.
To support our rapidly expanding Data Science team, we are looking for a new colleague passionate about quantitative market research. The position is a blend of working on client projects and ongoing technical development of our portfolio. Your responsibilities include:
- Involvement in various types of market research studies, such as pricing, segmentation, key driver analysis and consumer journey mapping [RB1]
- Create the research design and do the modeling part of complex studies, and provide consultancy on standard research solutions
- Develop standardized methods which can be automated and used by the research project team
- Deploy control measures to ensure data quality, and conduct the analysis process including market simulations
- Reflect on our ways of working and work on improvement initiatives such as developing new tools, applications and more efficient solutions
You will play a critical role by combining technical skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. We will ask the most of you in your interaction with clients, both internally and externally. More specifically, we are looking for someone with the following profile:
- Minimum Master’s degree in econometrics, statistics, economics or a similar technical degree
- 0-2 years of experience in an analytical role
- Keen interest in data science tools for predictive analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Knowledge of R and VBA in Excel
- Proactive attitude expressed in extracurricular activities
- Ability to quickly adapt to a complex, dynamic environment
- Independent, yet a team player
SKIM is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible working environment. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that includes the following:
Annual performance-based and profit sharing bonus
Regular team outings and events
Annual team-building day
High value placed on taking initiative and ownership
Open, communicative work environment
Flat organizational structure
Work / life balance
Casual dress code
Great passionate colleagues
Active training programs in place, many of which are guided on-the-job training
Company pension scheme
At SKIM we understand that our employees are our most valuable asset; we are committed to their future development and provide the opportunity to create a career that fits the aspirations of each individual. We have active training programs in place, many of which are trainings on the job.
Please note that only complete applications consisting of a resume and cover letter will be considered (noting locations of interest). Due to the large volume of applications, only applicants who are invited to the first round selection process will be further contacted (this may take 1-3 weeks). Thank you for your understanding.