- 1219 Corporate Dr, Burlington, ON L7L 5V5, Canada
Who is Shape?
SHAPE is a strategic combination of companies including H20 Jet, Flow International, KMT Waterjet, AquaDyne, Advanced Pressure Systems (APS), Aquarese, TOPS Waterjet; Shape Mined Material; and Shape Process Automation. Collectively, we provide an extensive portfolio of manufacturing process solutions to customers around the world. The core technology of SHAPE was founded in high pressure waterjet cutting, cleaning, and surface preparation.
We work together to develop intellectual properties that drive progress and raise the bar in service excellence, we set the standard for integrity, professionalism, and inclusiveness to meet the challenges of rapidly evolving industries. Tomorrow’s customers will require more innovative solutions, we continue to push the envelope in developing the advanced technologies and digital tools to solve manufacturing challenges at the pace and scale of the markets we serve.
Who are we looking for?
As SHAPE continues to develop into exciting new markets, we welcome like-minded professionals who share our excitement and optimism for the future. Operating across multiple disciplines, we have ample opportunity for you to grow your career in our organization.
Shape believes their success lies in the talented people that work in their organization! Our philosophy is of community and a place where people can belong, thrive and succeed! We pride ourselves on being cultural champions of our brand and values.
What sets Shape apart from other companies?
SHAPE is invested in providing constant learning and development opportunities and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits packages. We are a multinational, highly technical and innovative company that provides global career opportunities. We seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We are always looking for team members that want to be ahead of the curve, using latest technologies to apply in every way we do business. Our employees are dynamic, highly talented and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment.
We encourage you to look into employment opportunities at Shape Technologies Group. Let’s build something together. Check out our website at www.shapetechnologies.com
The Electrical Designer will support and develop the design of electrical control systems, as well as, develop electrical drawings, specify and order materials based on cost, compatibility and delivery including all electrical and control components and pneumatics.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineering to come up with a "sequence of operation", device locations etc.
- Develop electrical AutoCAD drawings for control system in accordance with CEC, NEC, and applicable codes based on customer specification using AutoCad Electrical Software
- Develop and maintain a bill of materials.
- Review with project manager, and make any necessary changes as required before submitting drawings
- Update drawings as required after customer approval, and as build.
- Discuss and provide drawings and relevant information to electrician for machine wiring
- Make copy of technical literature to project manager for equipment manual
- Assist production personnel on machine run-off
- Collaborate with sales giving technical assistance
- On-site commissioning of equipment if required
- Adhere to all safety requirements and ensure that all designs are specified to follow all safety guidelines
- Adhere to all electrical codes.
- Experience in Electrical AutoCAD design software
- Familiar with electrical codes : CSA, UL, CIC
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team or autonomy driven environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Extensive oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Self-starter, with project dedication
- Ability to work on concurrent projects
- Post-secondary education in technical or an engineering discipline
- Coupled with 2+ years of experience in a related field
- Ability to take direction and ask questions when required
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Self-motivated and works well in a team environment
- Detail oriented personality
No recruiters please!
Shape Technologies Group and our companies operate as an equal opportunity employer. Per regulations, any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities will be provided. If you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information that is collected will remain private and confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.