Machine Builder / Mechanical Assembler
- 1219 Corporate Dr, Burlington, ON L7L 5V5, Canada
Who is Shape?
SHAPE is a strategic combination of companies including H20 Jet, Flow International, KMT Waterjet, AquaDyne, Advanced Pressure Systems (APS), Aquarese, TOPS Waterjet; Shape Mined Material; and Shape Process Automation. Collectively, we provide an extensive portfolio of manufacturing process solutions to customers around the world. The core technology of SHAPE was founded in high pressure waterjet cutting, cleaning, and surface preparation.
We work together to develop intellectual properties that drive progress and raise the bar in service excellence, we set the standard for integrity, professionalism, and inclusiveness to meet the challenges of rapidly evolving industries. Tomorrow’s customers will require more innovative solutions, we continue to push the envelope in developing the advanced technologies and digital tools to solve manufacturing challenges at the pace and scale of the markets we serve.
Who are we looking for?
As SHAPE continues to develop into exciting new markets, we welcome like-minded professionals who share our excitement and optimism for the future. Operating across multiple disciplines, we have ample opportunity for you to grow your career in our organization.
Shape believes their success lies in the talented people that work in their organization! Our philosophy is of community and a place where people can belong, thrive and succeed! We pride ourselves on being cultural champions of our brand and values.
What sets Shape apart from other companies?
SHAPE is invested in providing constant learning and development opportunities and offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits packages. We are a multinational, highly technical and innovative company that provides global career opportunities. We seek creative ways to continuously improve. Collaboration and teamwork defines the way we work. We are always looking for team members that want to be ahead of the curve, using latest technologies to apply in every way we do business. Our employees are dynamic, highly talented and enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment.
We encourage you to look into employment opportunities at Shape Technologies Group. Let’s build something together. Check out our website at www.shapetechnologies.com
You will be responsible for but are not limited to assembling, testing and troubleshooting various types of equipment. Installations of this equipment will also be required and some out of town work is expected. Parts manufacturing will also be a duty using machine tools, some welding/fabricating, as well as reading and interpreting blueprint drawings.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assembles a variety of machines by performing a range of duties such as assembling, fitting and installation of parts.
- Working from blueprints and mechanical drawings while utilizing hand and power tools
- Assembling subcomponents into final products
- Verify and test final products
- Use test equipment to conduct total conformance to set specifications
- Is responsible for informing management of ideas for improving the efficiency of the operation
- Completing all tasks in a safe efficient manner and communicating any unsafe conditions or actions to management
- Is responsible for maintaining good relations with customers, vendors, and plant personnel
- Is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment by ensuring that work area has been unobstructed, swept and use warning signs/communication if otherwise needed
- Plumbing of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Must be able to operate milling and lathe machines
- Will be required to travel up to 50% of the time within North America, valid passport required
- Is able to work under limited supervision
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Self-motivated and works well in a team environment
- Precise detail oriented
- Ability to lead others
- Strong knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems for plumbing and troubleshooting purposes
- Knowledge of industry standards
- Strong understanding of mechanical systems
- Able to do qualitative/quantitative analysis with mechanical systems
- Knowledge of mechanical fits and measures
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to operate manual milling and lathe equipment
- Ability/experience/licensed to operate forklift and overhead crane
Construction and/or Industrial Mechanic Millwright’s License is required, Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a custom machine building environment.
No recruiters please!
Shape Technologies Group and our companies operate as an equal opportunity employer. Per regulations, any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities will be provided. If you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information that is collected will remain private and confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.