Regional Sales Representative (Toronto, ON)
- Carlaw Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Who We Are.
At Shape Technologies Group (SHAPE) we’re devoted to a single goal: delivering innovative manufacturing process solutions that propel our customers to success. SHAPE is a strategic ecosystem of companies including Flow International, Dynamic Robotic Solutions (DRS), KMT Waterjet, H20 Jet, AquaDyne, Advanced Pressure Systems (APS), Tech-Con Automation, Aquarese, Projet System and TOPS. Collectively, we provide an extensive portfolio of manufacturing process solutions to customers around the world. The core technology of SHAPE was founded in high pressure waterjet cutting, cleaning, and surface preparation. Today, SHAPE’s offerings span automated assembly, material handling, software, process control, robotic motion systems, ultrahigh-pressure cutting and cleaning, aftermarket parts, and extensive support.
The SHAPE difference can be seen in our people. With industry leading technologists, manufacturing experts, and skilled service professionals, SHAPE team members listen to our customers to anticipate their needs and deliver technical know-how that transforms our customers’ visions into reality.
Spanning 100 countries and a broad array of industries, SHAPE is expanding its reach through a growing number of direct and indirect channels. By partnering with our customers, we become integral to the successful design and manufacture of their next-generation products. We continually scour the globe for new, industry-leading technologies to add to our differentiated portfolio of offerings and grow our customer base. Our vision is to become the preeminent advanced process solutions partner handling the highly engineered products of tomorrow.
What it’s Like to Work Here.
We are a team of technology enthusiasts who pride ourselves on constantly raising the industry bar. Our world is fast paced and customer focused. With principles, performance and an authentic passion for results deeply rooted in our daily interactions. We strive to create a trust-based environment where driving results and positive attitudes coexist. We are friendly, respectful, and motivated to deliver strong performance in everything we do.
What We Offer.
In addition to training and career advancement opportunities, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and more.
Who You Are.
As our Regional Sales Representative for FLOW International, you will (under direct supervision) be responsible for the direct sell and support of FLOW products, and to service accounts in the Eastern Canada territory.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support both the Regional Business Manager (RBM) and the assigned distributors.
- Perform formal sales presentations per RBM direction.
- Support or perform all aspects of technical product demonstrations per RSM direction. Tasks include, but are not limited to, preparing for the demonstration, gathering application ideas from others, setting up and running the machine during demonstration in a professional manner, tear down of the machine, reporting and shipping the samples, and cleaning the machine.
- Per RBM direction, perform all or some of the sales function for specified prospects (i.e., initial call, application analysis, sample cutting, company and product presentations, return on investment analysis, and sale closure).
- Maintain a solid and professional working relationship with assigned distributors.
- Provide sales and marketing feedback to appropriate FLOW personnel (i.e., competitive information to market research, etc.).
- Visit and support prospects, performing sales presentations, application assistance or technical services per RSM.
- May provide guidance to lower level Regional Sales Representatives.
NOTE: Although this is not a technical service position, the sales associate may at times be in a position to strengthen FLOW’s relationship with our customers by helping technical service with site preparation visits, maintenance service or recommendations, application assistance.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn waterjet applications.
- Ability to transfer that knowledge to sales and customer support issues.
- Ability to train dealers and enable them to sell more independently with time
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into audience-specific messages to influence all levels of an organization
- Ability to understand and support the Flow value-selling process to form lasting customer relationships conducive to the generation of aftermarket revenues
- Ability to travel to visit customers, attend trade shows, meetings, etc. Must be able to visit US.
Education and/or Training:
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical preferred), Sales/Marketing or Business, or equivalent of experience and training that provides required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Minimum of five (5) years of capital equipment sales experience or equivalent related work experience.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite applications.
- Must have business level fluency in English and French (written and spoken).
Think You’ve Got What it Takes?
If you’re ready to have some fun, focus on results, and drive for the pursuit of quality in everything you do, we want you to join us.
No Recruiters Please!
Shape Technologies Group and our companies operate as an equal opportunity employer. Per regulations, any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities will be provided. If you require disability related accommodations, please inform Human Resources. All personal information that is collected will remain private and confidential.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.