Field Service Technician
- 1219 Corporate Dr, Burlington, ON L7L 5V5, Canada
Tech-Con Automation is a leading source for robotic material handling solutions, pallet-based assembly lines, robotic waterjet cutting & cleaning systems and general industrial automation equipment. Our systems and solutions combine deep application knowledge, world-class engineering standards, quality fabrication and precision assembly methods, all expertly managed throughout the entire process. We are committed to delivering systems of the highest reliability that improve our customers’ production efficiencies and enhance their product quality.
Tech-Con continues to deliver advanced manufacturing process solutions that propel our customers to success while providing “best-in-class” customer service & support.
To provide a highly professional level of technical support to customers in conjunction with the service of Ultra High Pressure Waterjet Cutting and Cleaning Systems and to ensure the successful performance of the company's products and systems in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to customers on the operation, troubleshooting, part identification, and repair of waterjet systems at both the customer’s location and via telephone correspondence, email, etc.
- Complete administrative documentation in a timely manner.
- Adhere to company RMA policy and documentation of customer identified system defects.
- Assist in maintaining an up to date document library for TCA products, to include drawings, manuals, specifications, and other relevant technical documentation.
- Provide assistance to customer service by determining parts required by a customer.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with distributors and customers, while serving as a liaison between the customer and TCA.
- Travel to customer locations on short notice, often outside normal business hours and for extended periods of time. Overall travel may exceed 70%.
- At the company’s discretion, you may need to be on call status which requires responding in a timely manner to customers for after hour and holiday support.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment, and assist in establishing preventative maintenance schedules with customers.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong aptitude in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatics
- Strong aptitude in computer electronics, ability to update software, firmware an asset
- General diagnostic and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Independent judgment to analyze and solve technical problems.
- Familiar with Windows, Word and Excel, and other relevant software. Good keyboarding skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to professionally manage and resolve stressful situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positive attitude, initiative and dependability
- Demonstrated ability for innovative/creative thinking.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn the company products and parts.
- Ability to travel internationally, including USA.
Electronics Engineering Technician or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technician
Will consider licensed skilled trades with mechanical, hydraulic and electrical experience
Minimum 2 years of recent service-related experience with Robotics, Motion Control Systems, and CNC machine tools or other relevant capital equipment. Strong preference for recent training or experience with microprocessor control systems.
Experienced in CNC machine tools and programming
Must have valid driver’s license