Dedicated Field Service Engineer (Greater Atlanta)
- 1, Atlanta, GA
At Shape Technologies Group (SHAPE) we’re devoted to a single goal: delivering innovative manufacturing process solutions that propel our customers to success. SHAPE is a strategic ecosystem of companies including Flow International, Dynamic Robotic Solutions (DRS), KMT Waterjet, Advanced Pressure Systems (APS), Tech-Con Automation and TOPS. Collectively, we provide an extensive portfolio of manufacturing process solutions to customers around the world. The core technology of SHAPE was founded in high pressure waterjet cutting, cleaning, and surface preparation. Today, SHAPE’s offerings span automated assembly, material handling, software, process control, robotic motion systems, ultrahigh-pressure cutting and cleaning, aftermarket parts, and extensive support.
The SHAPE difference can be seen in our people. With industry leading technologists, manufacturing experts, and skilled service professionals, SHAPE team members listen to our customers to anticipate their needs and deliver technical know-how that transforms our customers’ visions into reality.
Spanning 100 countries and a broad array of industries, SHAPE is expanding its reach through a growing number of direct and indirect channels. By partnering with our customers, we become integral to the successful design and manufacture of their next-generation products. We continually scour the globe for new, industry-leading technologies to add to our differentiated portfolio of offerings and grow our customer base. Our vision is to become the preeminent advanced process solutions partner handling the highly engineered products of tomorrow.
What it’s Like to Work Here.
We are a team of technology enthusiasts who pride ourselves on constantly raising the industry bar. Our world is fast paced and customer focused. With principles, performance and an authentic passion for results deeply rooted in our daily interactions. We strive to create a trust-based environment where driving results and positive attitudes coexist. We are friendly, respectful, and motivated to deliver strong performance in everything we do.
What We Offer.
In addition to training and career advancement opportunities, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and more.
Who You Are.
Our remote Field Service Engineers, for Flow International, based in Kent, WA, provide a highly professional level of technical support to customers in conjunction with the installation and service of our waterjet cutting and surface preparation systems and ensure the successful performance of the company's products and systems in the field. These positions work independently with little supervision. This specific FSE position is designed to service those customers on preventative maintenance programs (FlowCare) to ensure a positive experience that maximizes uptime while reviewing critical maintenance items of the waterjet with the customer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and supervise customers in the execution of field installations of Flow equipment.
- Provide technical support to customers on the installation, operation, troubleshooting, part identification, and repair of Flow equipment at both the customer’s location and via telephone correspondence, fax, etc.
- Submit completed service records and contact reports weekly. Complete expense reports accurately and submit for re-reimbursement no later than Monday of every week. Complete timecards or call time in by Friday before the pay period ends. Check in with the home office twice daily. Complete all other administrative documentation in a timely manner.
- Develop curriculums and syllabuses and conduct operation, programming, application and maintenance training classes and seminars, both in-house and at customer sites, on Flow equipment.
- Support in-plant services, including the repair of customer’s parts or equipment returned to Flow under the RMA program.
- Conduct warranty evaluations and failure analysis, directing effective and accurate information to engineering and other relevant departments, of all problem trends.
- Assist in maintaining an up to date document library for Flow products, to include drawings, A-sheets, manuals, specifications, and other relevant technical documentation.
- Participate in the Materials Review Board, Engineering Change Orders and Product Design Team meetings as the technical service representative, providing input that will ensure our competitiveness in the market.
- Provide assistance to customer service by determining parts required by a customer.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with our distributors and customers while serving as a liaison between the customer and Flow.
- Travel to customer locations on short notice, often outside normal business hours and for extended periods of time. Overall travel may exceed 75%.
- Be on call 24/7, except for vacations or pre-approved period, to provide emergency, after hour technical support to customers. At the discretion of Flow International, on call status may include wearing and responding in a timely manner, to a company-provided pager or providing phone numbers that allow timely contact and response.
- AA degree in Electronics, Robotics or Mech. Eng. or a minimum of 2 years college/technical school training.
- Minimum of 2 years of recent service-related experience with Robotics, Motion Control Systems, CNC machine tools or other relevant capital equipment. Strong preference for recent training or experience with microprocessor control systems.
- Experienced in CNC programming (Allen Bradley 9 Series Controllers, preferred).
- Experience in speaking with customers and understanding their needs to develop and recommend solutions to maximize waterjet operation and performance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.