Regional Sales Manager, Aviation
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Regional Sales Manager, Safety Management Systems (SMS) generates revenue utilizing a consultative selling approach. They cultivate new business opportunities and develop long-term business partnerships within the clients in the Aviation and Aerospace industries. In addition, the RSM will assess customer needs, create solutions based on the CBE, ARGUS product portfolio with emphasis on Safety Management Systems, including industry recognized training and certification, FAA standards/regulations, ARGUS standards, ICAO standards, IBAC standards, and applicable ISO standards and other complimentary schemes. They will also achieve a sales target and increase revenue through selling clients SGS ARGUS solutions applicable for their businesses.
- Achieves sales revenue goals through the sale of Safety Management Systems.
- Develops and implements agreed upon business/marketing plan which will meet both personal and business goals by expanding customer base within the Aviation & Aerospace industries specific to assigned product/service sales.
- Develops a database maintained in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system of qualified leads attained through consultant referrals, face to face meetings, calls, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Sells and makes recommendations to prospects and clients on the various solutions the company offers to solve their business issues.
- Generates proposals in compliance with SGS ARGUS requirements and/or product sector requirements.
- Maximizes all opportunities within the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from competitors.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within the assigned territory and /or product sector.
- Gathers and submits detailed business information for pricing.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify a prospect’s business challenges and the effects of those challenges.
- Works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term overall account goals in line with SGS’ vision and values.
- Participates in and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients.
- Maintains effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans.
- Includes the appropriate International Sales Manager (ISM) and/or International Account Manager (IAM) on any opportunities that meet the criteria for a Global Key Account.
- Adopts safe behavior by exercising due regard for the health and safety of SGS employees and clients, in line with SGS policies and procedures.
- Complies with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related Aviation discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Sales
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with Safety Management Systems
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in either Business Aviation, or Commercial Aviation, or Military Aviation
- Pilot License, or flight dispatcher license, or flight operation certification, or NBAA CAM certification (Preferred)
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- True sales “hunter” with a “can’t fail” attitude driven to achieve sales goals
- Resilient and persistent in closing deals
- Language Skills: English Advanced level of knowledge
- Mathematical Skills: Intermediate level of knowledge
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level
- Technical selling skills and product knowledge in product sectors
- Customer and commercial focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer relationship: ability to create rapport, credibility and build successful business relationships
- Attention to detail
- An effective team player with ability to operate without close supervision.
- MS Office Suite – Intermediate user proficiency
- Travels up to 60% of the time. Some travel might be international.
In the course of employment, you will be required to travel to and/or work at a client site. The company requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel commercially and many clients require visitors performing work at their locations to be vaccinated. Therefore, this role requires a candidate who is fully vaccinated or will be prior to an anticipated start date. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of having received a COVID-19 vaccination.
The company will provide a reasonable accommodation upon request after an offer is extended.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.