Project Coordinator, Geochemistry
- 3260 Production Way, Burnaby, BC V5A 4R4, Canada
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection, and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 89,000 employees operate a network of 2,700 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer, and more interconnected world. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
This position is responsible for communications with internal and external clients. This would include acting as an advocate and facilitator for all clients; assist the Operations Manager with external customer service and support, scheduling and priorities in order to maintain service deadlines for all clients.
- Communicate with internal and external clients (ex. clarifying client's instructions and requirements, estimated turnaround time and notifications of missed turnaround dates, providing status reports, providing quotations, client information to the laboratory, relaying information regarding methods, detection limits, scheme codes, etc.)
- Respond to customer concerns and complaints and initiate corrective or preventative actions. In addition, monitor and aid other Project Coordinators with the investigation and timely closure of CAPA’s for group
- Accountable for the top line of sales support through customer retention and additional sales from current and new clients.
- Communicates the selected methodology to meet Client or regulatory requirements with direction from the Operations and Technical Team in the form of quotations.
- Responsible for updating client files in LIMS in collaboration with LIMS Support team and Global Business Support (GBS) Team.
- Initiates New Client or Project On-boarding program by ensuring that updates are sent to clients on a regular basis, periodic check of feedback from clients and ensure actions are taken to respond to client feedback
- Responsible for ensuring that Minerals Commercial laboratory is responding to and meeting the requirements of their clients as per management objectives, and assisting clients with quotations and correspondence.
- Will act as first-line for client communication, e.g., phone, email, and tradeshows with travel as required to meet clients and to represent SGS Geochemistry at various meetings. Covers for other members of this team in their absence.
- Assist Management or Sales Team with external customer service and support.
- Responsible for tracking quotations for the Team and ensuring that information is gathered and quotations are generated appropriately by the Quotes Team.
- Ensure that all regular follow-up on quotations is completed, determination if quotation needs to be closed out or won and if decision date needs to be altered is communicated to the Quotes Team.
- May be assigned and coordinate special or ad hoc projects as needed.
- A minimum of a community college diploma (or equivalent) with chemistry knowledge is required.
- Ability to use Office 365 Suite- MS Excel, Outlook, MS Teams, Sharepoint is a must.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Minimum of one years’ experience in a minerals laboratory environment.
- Post-Secondary education in a Business or Science related field is an asset.
- Some working knowledge of the mining and minerals industry.
- Excellent customer service, client support and business service consulting skills.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.