Welding Inspectors - Pipeline - Northern BC
- Kitimat Trailer Ct Park, Kitimat, BC V8C 1V3, Canada
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 94,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
SGS is currently looking for Welding Inspectors for upcoming projects in Northern BC
The Welding Inspector is the Company’s authorized representative and is to inspect and ensure that proper welding and radiographic procedures are qualified and utilized, on the current pipeline projects
Sr. Welding Inspector, accountable for project deliverables associated with welding quality and compliance. May supervise and mentor welding inspectors on project
LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCE ALL LEVELS
SHIFT SCHEDULE / ROTATION
- Hotel or Camp
- Large inch Piping Experience
- Steep Slope Experience (Asset)
- CWB Certified – preferred all levels
- API 1169 (not mandatory)
- General Construction activities on pipeline or facility projects,
- Carries a degree/diploma/certification as an engineer, technologist or technician in a related welding or NDE field; (not mandatory)
- Certification from the Interprovincial Standards red seal program as a journeyman in a relevant field; and/or
- Working knowledge of the latest CSA Z662 and B 3 level I
- Knowledge of Atomic Energy of Canada safety rules and regulations related to radiography an asset (Canada only)
- ASP Certified (Quebec Projects Only)
- Health and Safety Awareness Training for Workers and Supervisors (Ontario only)
- Valid First Aid / CPR
- Valid Defensive Driving
- Contractor Safety Orientation
- Ground Disturbance Level II
- Excavation Orientation
The Welding Inspector is responsible to ensure they in compliance with all Welding regulations, company policies and specifications.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.