Textile Company Assessor 100% (Augsburg or St. Gallen)
Be a part of the sustainable movement.
Get involved in environmentally friendly and safe textile production.
Bluesign is a globally operating company with it’s headquarter in St. Gallen, Switzerland. We offer solutions for textile and related industries to produce safe and environmentall friendly products. Our customers include major international brands, chemical suppliers, and textile manufacturers. Our employees are motivated professionals, focused specialists – and you!
To meet the increasing demand of the industry and to strengthen our team in Augsburg, Germany or St. Gallen, Switzerland, we are looking for a:
Textile Company Assessor 100 % (Augsburg or St. Gallen)
As a Bluesign Textile Process Expert, you have a unique opportunity to improve sustainability in the world of textiles, fashion and apparel. You evaluate and assist textile/accessories manufacturers in Greater China and Asia countries along their sustainability journey.
The journey for an organization begins with a company assessment regarding environmental and occupational health and the organization’s input stream management. Detail orientation and analytical skills play a key for a comprehensive evaluation and gap analysis following the bluesign® CRITERIA requirements. Through the findings of the gap analysis, you will work together with the organization’s management teams in the development of a roadmap. The focus is in reducing negative environmental impacts and increasing resource productivity through the implementation of Best Available Techniques to ensure the organization closes its gaps and reaches its sustainability goals.
You will be a key player in nurturing customer relationships throughout a system partner’s experience.
- Conduct environmental/OH&S and input stream management assessments in textile/accessories manufacturers
- Identify risk areas or regulatory compliance issues
- Prepare detailed evaluation and assessment reports in English
- Draft and present findings, including company ratings, to management teams
- Create roadmaps and action plans with management teams with the goal of improving efficiency and reducing the organization’s negative environmental impacts
- Consult on roadmap implementation and provide formal performance and feedback evaluations
- Educational background in Textile Engineering or a related field
- Professional experience in textile industries
- Technical experience in the field of environment, occupational health and consumer safety
- Technical experience in textile/accessory manufacturing processes
- In-depth knowledge of the textile supply chain
- Good command of written and verbal communication in English
- Auditing experience (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OSHAS 18001) is an advantage
- Willingness to travel (30-40%)
- Good communication skills, including customer communications
- Conscientious and open minded
- Enjoys working in an international and intercultural environment
- Team player with proven ability to work independently
- Well organized with finely tuned analytical skills
- Ability to exercise good judgement
- Ability to offer knowledgeable advice to management teams
What's in it for you
- Regional travel and contact with a vast variety of organizations
- Role with key responsibilities in a dynamic and global workplace environment
- Great benefits and flexible working hours
- Be a part of an internationally driven and purposeful organization that broadens your horizon
Interested? Send us your application and corresponding documents, your earliest possible start date, and your salary expectations by applying through the following link.
We look forward to getting to know you.
bluesign technologies ag
Headquarters: Moevenstrasse 18, 9015 St. Gallen, Switzerland
Phone +41 71 272 29 90