- 3310 Cisco St, Jackson, MI 49201, USA
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Technician is responsible for executing daily test plans in accordance with customer requirements and ensuring the test results are of the highest quality and accuracy. The technician is also responsible for installing vehicles onto the chassis dynos, installing instrumentation, setting up the test control interface, and maintenance of various measurement devices.
- Operate vehicle chassis mileage accumulation dynamometers
- Conduct engine/vehicle maintenance and troubleshooting
- Maintain the dynos and laboratory equipment
- Install and setup vehicles for testing
- Vehicle refueling and oil changes on a regular cycle
- Execute test plans by following procedures
- Perform initial data quality checks
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience in Testing Laboratory
- Must be able to work 6 PM - 6 AM shift; 36 hours (3 days) one week, 48 hours (4 days) the next week.
- Automotive technical degree
- 2 years of experience in vehicle maintenance
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.