Lab Technician (Part-Time)
- 224 N Derby Ln, North Sioux City, SD 57049, USA
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing, and certification services. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 89,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
The Lab Technician position is a Part-Time opportunity to learn hands-on in the areas of product testing, research & development, and food safety consultation. The core capabilities include microbiological, chemical, and physical testing.
As a part-time Lab Technician you will:
- Prepare samples for multiple analyses by grinding, homogenizing, cutting, and weighing
- Place identifying information and stickers on sample analysis bags and plates
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed. Must be capable of making serial dilutions
- Prepare media, broth, and laboratory equipment for use in microbial testing.
- Prepare reagents and solutions for use in chemical analysis
- Autoclave laboratory waste as required
- Perform basic microbiological techniques to analyze food products for the presence of bacteria
- Perform basic chemistry tests to analyze food products as indicators of product quality
- The ideal candidate will possess laboratory experience or previous coursework in Microbiology, Food Science, Biology, or Chemistry
- Must be reliable and work well in a team environment
- Training will be provided and can accommodate student schedules
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.