- Unit 1 1-2 Links Industrial Park Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, United Kingdom
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
Job Title: Microbiology Laboratory Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Job Location: Cambridge
Salary: £17,375 Per Annum
As a Microbiology Laboratory Technician you’ll be work within the microbiology laboratory, processing food and water samples from a range of clients.
- Prepare and analyse samples following the QMS guidelines and SOPs.
- Preparation of media culture for microbiological testing.
- Working with Seniors and other management staff to ensure results are reported within customer time frames.
- Ensure analysis is undertaken in a manner which meets the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g. ISO 17025) and regulatory compliance standards (e.g. RSA.
- Ensure the timely testing of samples/reporting of data
- Follow quality procedures laid down in the quality manual and relevant Laboratory SOP manual.
To be able to work in a fast-paced, testing laboratory, you will need to demonstrate:
- Good dexterity and high level of attention to detail
- Completion of tasks in a timely manner and to the required standard
- Flexibility with working shifts
- A demonstrable interest in science
- Self –motivated
- no specific microbiological experience is necessary as full training will be provided
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.