National Business Development Manager
- 33 Maddox St, Alexandria NSW 2015, Australia
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 93,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
SGS Industries & Environment - Our Environment Division provides our clients with a wide range of Environmental, Health and Food sampling and analytical services ensuring their safety and regulatory requirements are met whilst risk is minimised. Our analytical services teams maintain their competitive advantage by fostering innovation, utilising modern equipment and staying ahead of the technology and automation curves.
Our field based services are built on maintaining a high level of multidisciplinary expertise, the continuous development of new services and focusing on delivering the highest level of customer service.
You will be responsible for leading and motivating a team of passionate sales professionals to achieve and exceed company targets, while driving new sales initiatives within the business, and targeting new business opportunities.
In addition, you will:
- Plan, direct and manage the growth strategy
- Implement strategies that develop and optimise the effectiveness of the sales team
- Build strong business plans for each business unit
- Direct sales responsibility by creating and closing your own leads
- Actively lead major prospects and tenders
- Plan marketing strategies and activities
- Create a culture of high performance through market penetration and customer management
- ·Liaise with operations/technical staff to ensure execution of expansion plans
To be considered for this position, you must be focussed on developing and leading the sales function. Ideally, you will have a background in the environmental sector with strong industry contacts. Your proven sales record and ability to inspire a successful team are paramount. You will also be required to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Proven experience managing a Sales team
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Experience with leading major bids
- Strong sales aptitude with the ability to take leads to closure
- Demonstrable experience in coaching and motivating sales staff
- Experience in long- and short-term strategic sales, tendering and cold calling
- CRM knowledge and use
- Experience in environmental laboratory testing, environmental sector or regulatory services (desired)
You will be an industry leader in Sales and be focused on selling at every opportunity. You will also bring your commitment to continuous improvement within the Sales team within the SGS Environmental division.
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company who believe our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
- Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
- Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
- Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
- Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.