Biotech Analyst -Biological Chemistry - Level 1
- 6490 Vipond Dr, Mississauga, ON L5T 1W8, Canada
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
- Execute and perform testing as per methods independently, following the company’s Standard Operating Procedures, Deviations and Change Control programs and cGMP guidelines.
- Keep all records and notebooks in good order. Prepare reports and record data in timely manner.
- In case of a testing failure, immediately report to the Supervisor/Department Head before proceeding further with the test. Assist in the failure investigations.
- Assist to prepare method SOP, validation protocol and validation report, and perform validation experiments.
- Assist to trouble-shoot test methods/instruments.
- Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every respect and all results are entered into Electronic Laboratory Information System or client’s Certificate of Analysis before submission to the QA reviewer.
- Minimum of BSc/MSc in a relevant field with 3 to 5 year of relevant laboratory work experience required.
- Knowledge of techniques in a biotechnology discipline, e.g. ELISA, DNA isolation, restriction enzyme digestions, PCR, protein expression/purification, SDS-PAGE/western blot, cell culture, bacteria culture.
- Practical experience in ELISA methods, enzyme activity assays, qPCR
- Ability to perform routine bench and instrumental analysis including ability to understand assay methods.
- A willingness to learn new analytical tests, instrumentation and procedures.
- Experience in computer programs e.g. Excel and Word.
- Able to work well under pressure during high (peak) work loads and balancing conflicting demands of high volume versus the quality of results.
- Extended hours and shift work is required.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.