Customer Service Representative
- Powell St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
- Receive and process customer requests for services
- Prepare and provide customers with reports, certificates, and documents for the services performed by SGS personnel.
- Check work instructions, method code, reporting, pricing and invoicing instructions with respect to sales quotations, client instructions and client profile information.
- Maintain filing system.
- Receive and validate supplier invoices, assign codes and prepare payment requisitions; maintain payable and receivable accounting files.
- Monitor accounts receivable and communicate with customers to collect unpaid account balances when required
- Prepare and maintain complete and accurate customer files for services performed to facilitate inquiries, support customer invoicing and vendor payables, and to ensure compliance with both internal/external audit requirements
- Maintain job order records and filing systems
- Schedule employees for inspections (i.e. train supervisions, audits) as necessary
- Receive, inspect, sort, and label client samples; log-in samples to the SGS system, prepare labels and dispatch the samples to Sub-contract samples to other SGS laboratories or external non-SGS laboratories as appropriate and maintain the sub-contract documents.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or a General Educational Development equivalency (GED).
- A post secondary education in a recognized administration or science program would be an asset.
- 1 - 3 years of previous working experience in an Administrative related role.
- Good hand/eye coordination when handling samples & various equipment.
- Must use good judgment to identify and resolve problems on the job. When in difficulty refer problems to his/her supervisor for resolution.
- of creativity required in solving routine problems.
- Able to work well under pressure during high (peak) workloads and balancing conflicting demands of high volume versus the quality of results.
- Candidates should be proficient in using various type of computer software (Word, Excel, etc.)
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.