- Inward Way, Ellesmere Port CH65, UK
- Employees can work remotely
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
- Job Title: Bid Writer & Tender Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 per week
- Job Location: North West
- Salary: As the Tender & Bid Manager, you’ll receive a salary of £30,000 - £35,000 based on experience, plus you’ll benefit from a commission / sales bonus scheme, a 10% business performance bonus, private health cover, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
As Bid Writer & Tender Manager you’ll be responsible for all larger scale UK tender opportunities across SGS business lines including writing, responding to and managing complex proposals, bids and competitive tenders. You’ll manage and monitor tender portals and subscriptions to ensure all appropriate tenders are submitted and support smaller scale tenders handled within each business or specific office that may require assistance to ensure SGS is successful in procuring work.
You’ll devise successful reasonable and achievable strategy for winning a tender. You’ll create detailed, costed, persuasive proposals to secure new business. You’ll negotiate internally and externally to assess and create pricing models, manage budgets and commercial models to competitively price bids.
- Bid writing, editing, collating technical information and preparing response documents
- Identifying tender / bid / quote opportunities across SGS diverse service portfolio
- Assessing and addressing the technical and commercial risks related to an opportunity
- As part of the tender process, to generate critically important data including but not limited to; tenders available, tenders won or lost, competitor data and information on services SGS currently does not provide however where there is demand
- Gather information on competitors, pricing and market information to provide insight to enable management decisions on future services and markets
- Make recommendations on services with unmet demand including competition analysis
- Identify why tenders/business was won or lost and identify potential issues, trends or barriers
To be successful in this role, you’ll need extensive and recent tender / bid management experience in a similar position within a large corporate organisation, or a company that regularly supply services to large corporate clients.
You will have a strong track record of writing tender responses from scratch; at times gathering and editing other contributors work, including technical support from technical experts.
You’ll be highly results focussed and commercially aware, you’ll need to think creatively and will have the ability to understand client requirements and find solutions. You’ll have examples of working with ‘unchartered’ tenders where the company has technical expertise, however not ‘off the shelf’ material to present to the client, you’ll have the ability to develop new solutions for clients, and will have a strong aptitude to convert strategy into results.
The successful candidate will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management, consultants and clients, with highly developed presentation, negotiation and persuasion skills.
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
- Excellent command of Client Procurement and Online Tender Systems
- Ability to understand a diverse range of SGS services across multiple industries
- Experience of working with external and internal procurement departments and procurement systems
- Strong Analytical thinking and creative skills
- Extensive experience with procurement processes including OJEU
- Full driving licence for use in the UK
The following attributes would be desirable, but not essential;
- Bid Management/Tender Management qualification / formal training in a related dicipline
- MS Project, BI and CRM Systems
- Understanding of market drivers in the TIC sector
- Ability to identify economic drivers and translate them into daily actions
- Experience in the TIC industry
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.