CONSULTANT - ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY (REF13931K)
- Lot 3 & Lot 4, Persiaran Jubli Perak, Seksyen 22, Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS Malaysia was established on 1971 with Head Office located in Kuala Lumpur.
Consist of 37 offices, 10 laboratories with more than 1000 staff across Malaysia.
General Manager - Knowledge (KN)
- Lead the local environmental sustainability business and understands the clients' requirements in order to interprets it in a way that the clients actually mean and manage the overall business revenue as the project progress within the given timeframe.
- Liaising with Global Product/Business Manager-Environment, Social and Governance as appropriate on any information on environmental sustainability services and technical matter as appropriate.
- Support the Sales and Business Development Team in growing the market of environmental sustainability services in Malaysia, including establish the business strategy and planning to lead the services in achieving greater sales, market share and profit targets.
- Ensure that all services are delivered as per SGS methodology and approach with the main aim to ensure business organization is able to increase their productivity level, profit margins, thereby helping in broadening its horizons.
- Lead and control the day-to-day operations of the environmental sustainability services to ensure the effective and efficiency of the business, including translate business strategy into pragmatic action plans and execute.
- Involved in performing the free-diagnostics work, completing the consultancy proposal that will ultimately accomplish the environmental sustainability targets as required by the client.
- Active engagement with the stakeholders to understand issues and manage the change process which may include active collaboration with the cross-functional teams.
- Manage resources to deliver effective solutions across the client’s organization needs aligned with the environmental sustainability targets proposal.
- Support business development activities by identifying targeted area of business opportunity, defining and planning lean improvement or productivity related seminar and marketing activities.
- Provide reliable and necessary inputs on yearly budget for environmental sustainability business. This includes market trend, SWOT, competitors’ market share and new business opportunities.
- Carry out function which is deemed necessary (as directed and guided by the division General Manager/Business Manager) to support the growth of environmental sustainability business of SGS Knowledge division.
- Adhere and operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Code of Integrity and local HR policies.
- Adherence to SGS Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policy by uphold a good safety behavior and exercising necessary standard and process when carry out your responsibilities at all times to ensure compliance to the HSE requirements.
- Perform any other responsibilities as assigned by your reporting manager and/or Senior Management.
- Master Degree or Degree in Environment related field or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years related working experience in the environmental sustainability area, preferable in Project Management and audit related experience.
- Proven track records of successful driving the business related to environmental sustainability targets.
- Be qualified & registered Lead Auditor in ISO 14001 Environment Management System.
- Candidate with registered Lead Auditor in OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 45001 will be added advantage.
- Applicants must based in Shah Alam and willing to travel nationwide occasionally.
- High level interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels within a client’s organisation and SGS both local and global level.
- Customer focused orientated person with good business acumen.
- Proven negotiation skills to be able to negotiate productivity issues when dealing with the client organisation's management in relation to consultancy project.
- Excellent and effective presentation and written communication skills.
- An active, self motivated and organised person.
- Follow SGS Rules for Employee Code of Ethics, Conduct, Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest policies and operating
- Comply with internal and external safety rules, including the proper use of safety equipment, as they apply to the job.
- Organize daily work load in an efficient manner and inform management of the status of work, including auditor performance reviews based on on-site audits
- Good command of English and National language. Fluent in other local dialects is an added advantage.
- Ability to travel and a valid driving license.
This position is enable individual to work remotely.