Relief Laboratory Technician - FIFO
- 28 Reid Rd, Perth Airport WA 6105, Australia
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 93,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS Minerals Geochemistry has an opportunity for a motivated Relief Laboratory Technician to join us on a Fixed Term basis.
Reporting to the Manager Onsite Laboratories, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records pertaining to sample submission, sample preparation progress and archiving of samples
- Undertaking sample preparation and analysis using various instrumentation and techniques
- Arranging for return of samples and waste materials to clients (if required) in a timely manner and following the correct procedures
- Assisting with sorting preparation and reading of samples when required
- Liaising with clients and keep them informed with sample progress
- Ensuring all laboratory work areas are kept clean, functional and uncontaminated
- Assisting in fault finding and rectifying when errors occur with laboratory equipment or systems
- Checking results for quality control and accuracy in Cclas and report results to client
- Reviewing basic quality control in CCLAS as jobs are processed to ensure any major quality issues identified in a timely fashion
- Experience in laboratory work and chemical knowledge
- Experience in sample preparation
- Manual driver’s licence
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company who believe our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
- Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
- Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
- Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
- Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.