- 4575 Jerry Ware Dr, Beaumont, TX 77705, USA
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for the overall coordination of field operations and supervision of field personnel from the office.
- Liaison between Field Supervisors, Laboratory staff, and Clients HDE
- Understand and comply with individual Client Instructions and requirements
- Receive Client orders, dispatch work to field staff, follow up on job progress and reports to Clients
- Understand and comply with Company procedures for Safety, Field Operations, and reporting
- Provide guidance to various supervisory personnel
- Check and approve field expenses and field equipment purchases
- Takes active role in local marketing efforts
- This position will (directly or indirectly) supervise employees and will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals. Executes responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws and the organization's policies which include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Conduct regular employee meetings to ensure that all personnel are completely informed with regard to policies, procedures and performance issues, for their development and improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. (Required)
- A minimum of five (5) years of transferable experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical Inspection Industry, with two (2) or more supervisory experience. (Required)
- Position requires incumbent to be able to work all shifts, which could include extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when needed to meet business comfort. (Required)
- Associates degree preferred. (Preferred)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build and lead an effective team and foster a sense of collaboration to achieve goals. ()
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization. ()
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently (with different deadlines) and marshal the resources necessary to accomplish them. ()
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct ()
- Maintain working knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and other applications. ()
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.