Scientific Leader, Biopharmaceutical Services (Chromatography Focus)
- 6490 Vipond Dr, Mississauga, ON L5T 1W8, Canada
Who we are:
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 94,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
You’re a people person! You have a passion for managing, motivating and mentoring a team. You aren’t afraid of taking on challenges, getting hands-on into the details, finding process improvements. You have the ability to see the big picture and drive toward outcomes. You’re a go-getter and a team player!
About the opportunity
- Work closely with the Manager, Biopharmaceutical, managing performance, revenue and expenditures of the group
- Conduct method development, validation and transfer of methods used for biopharmaceutical products
- Participate and lead OOS investigations, deviations and CAPA.
- Be the main contact with clients, evaluate client requests, scope of work and provide customer support/proposals for their work.
- Involvement in special ad-hoc projects as assigned
What will you contribute?
- A MSc/PhD of Science or related field with 5+ years with demonstrated ability to complete more complex tasks
- Have minimum 5+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical and have advanced knowledge of GMP/GLP and biopharmaceuticals regulated environment
- Ability to manage a group of up to 15 and its workload, along with critically interpreting and analyzing data
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Can work well with tight deadlines and multiple deliverables
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
Why should you apply?
- Competitive salary
- Benefits effective day one
- Work equipment provided (Lab coat, safety shoes and glasses, etc.)
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada