R&D Analyst L1
- 145 Konrad Crescent, Markham, ON L3R 9T9, Canada
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Execute and perform testing as per methods, following the company’s Standard Operating Procedures, Deviations and Change Control programs and cGMP guidelines.
- In case of testing failure, immediately report to the Department Manager before proceeding any further with the test. Assist in the failure investigations as instructed. Do not discard any solutions or glassware that was used during testing.
- Ensure that equipment are maintained in good order, perform calibrations and qualifications as required, volumetric/test solutions and mobile phase preparations are checked.
- Record findings in standardized format, keeping all records and analyst notebook in good order. Prepare reports and record data in timely manner
- Prepare and standardize Test solutions, Standard solutions and Volumetric solutions.
- Assist in the resolution of routine, as well as non-routine technical problems.
- Capable of helping review lab sheets for accuracy before distribution to fellow Analysts for testing.
- Education: B.Sc. Chemistry
- Experience: over 3 years with demonstrated ability to complete more complex role/duties
- Hand/Eye coordination, ability to stand out, think outside the box.
- Able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.