Lab Technician - Wet Chemistry (PR)
- 145 Konrad Crescent, Markham, ON L3R 9T9, Canada
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries.
- This position is responsible for, sample, reagent preparation and basic analytical testing.
- Execute and perform testing as per methods, following the company’s Standard Operating Procedures, Deviations and Change Control programs and cGMP guidelines.
- Stage samples and work packages for release into the laboratory for testing
- Perform basic physicochemical testing such as but not limited to Appearance, pH, Osmolality, Conductivity testing, Extractable volume, Reconstitution time and UV testing.
- Prepare test solutions, sample, and or reagents as needed.
- Ensure that work order documentation is complete in every aspect and all results are entered into the electronic Laboratory Information System or the Client’s Certificate of Analysis before submission to the QA reviewer.
- Report and Assist in the failure investigations as instructed.
- Record findings in standardized format, keeping all records and analyst note book in good order.
- Education: Bachelor of Science
- Experience: 0-1 Year of demonstrated ability to work within a laboratory setting.
- Hand/Eye coordination, ability to stand out, think outside the box.
- Micropipette usage (single/multi/repeater)
- Visual Acuity to conduct visual inspection for colour, clarity, opalescence, and particulates.
- Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Works well under pressure.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of chemistry, spectroscopy, titometres,
- Technical competency in two or more of the following; pH, Appearance, Osmolality, Spectrophotometry, Conductivity and others.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada