Technical Manager - Radiation
- 585 Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill VIC 3168, Australia
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 89,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
Reporting directly to the Business Manager, you will lead of the Radiation team and be responsible for the operations and projects of the Consulting business. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the technical, operational and financial performance of the consulting business within the SGS Radiation Services business at Notting Hill
- Providing managerial support to the Business Manager across the business
- Responding to technical enquiries from clients and working with the team to provide technical solutions as required
- Actively providing technical governance to the sales and calibration teams
- Actively growing the client base through interaction with new and existing clients, utilising the client services, calibration and sales teams.
- Providing solutions to clients pertaining to irradiating apparatus, radioactive substances and shielding design
- Understanding and facilitating the disposal of radioactive sources
- Supervising and undertaking consulting tasks of complexity (e.g. audits, site surveys, shielding designs, radiation management plans etc)
- Presenting radiation safety training courses for external clients on the safe use and management of radiation sources
- Ability to write project proposals/ submissions, and win project work (such as off-shore oil and gas, mining, remediation, environmental, decommissioning projects, medical, irradiator and inventory management)
To be considered for the role, you will have a solid understanding of health physics, environmental physics and calibrations. You will have:
- A solid understanding of Victorian Department of Health regulatory framework, associated standards, regulations and codes of practice
- Understanding of different types of monitors, calibration methods and personal radiation monitoring methods (preferable but not necessary)
- Good initiative and previous managerial experience, including people development
- Strong computer and instrumentation skills
- Physics degree or other relevant degree
- Previous relevant experience in the field
- Sound knowledge and experience applying the techniques of radiation monitoring, surveying, transport and disposal
At SGS you will be part of our dynamic and innovative culture, and will be rewarded with:
- Attractive remuneration salary packages
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career development opportunities (nationally and/or globally)
- Health & wellbeing incentives (gym membership rebates & discounted private health insurance)
- Paid Parental Scheme
- Access to financial products/services & corporate discounts
- Ongoing training and development
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.