Field Service Consultant (Paget)
- 13 Interlink Ct, Paget QLD 4740, Australia
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. Our 89,000 employees operate a network of 2,600 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
We are a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things, and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
To perform field service radiation duties, inspection tests, arrange transportation of radioisotopes and containers as required. To contribute to and oversee implementation of radiation safety and protection plan and provide advice to customers as necessary. Assist in training of new employees.
Responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Perform Field Service Consulting duties including Surveys, Audits, Compliance Inspections and process control instrumentation.
- Perform Calibrations on process control instrumentation onsite.
- Commissioning/Decomissioning of process control instrumentation.
- Assist with Customer Technical enquiries onsite and in house.
- Prepare and oversee developments of Safety and Protection Plans and other associated documents.
- Facilitate In house and Onsite Training programs.
- Reporting and compiling technical audit/inspection reports.
- Assist with the preparation and research of tender documents.
- Assist with the review of technical procedures.
- Assist with training and competency of other staff as directed.
- Be compliant to all SGS QHSE and HR policies and procedures.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
Additional skill set (favorable):
- Coordinate, prepare and Transport of Radioisotopes and containers.
- Load and Unload Radiation Gauges in house; Including Gauge Refurbishment.
- Inspect, wipe test and prepare source capsules for Disposal in the Hot Cell and Workshop, including all relevant administrative requirements.
- Maintain radiation safety in house and on field sites.
- Provide radiation and instrumentation advice onsite and in house.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Instrumentation experience is a must.
- Calibration experience is preferred.
- Queensland Health issued License’s and Certificates (preferable).
- Relevant experience in Radiation Safety (preferred not essential)
- Capability to use a wide range of radiation detection instruments.
- Complete multiple and complex tasks and issues with competing commitments within specified time frames.
- Experience working in the field.
- Working knowledge of radiation physics and protection.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory requirements where applicable.
- Identify business opportunities for SGS RSS.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in workflow and own practices.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
We offer an open corporate and international culture, and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
WE SUPPORT A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.