Health Physicist Lead
- 585 Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill VIC 3168, Australia
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As part of the Australian Industrial & Environment, key responsibilities include:
- Leading the technical, operational and financial performance of the Consulting business within SGS Radiation Services business.
- Oversee all operation within the consulting business, whilst successfully managing and leading direct reports and conducting operations
- Provide managerial support to the Business Manager across the business.
- Actively grow the client base through interaction with new and existing clients utilising the consulting, client services, calibration and sales teams.
- Providing technical governance to PRMS, sales and the calibration lab.
- Identify and generate increased revenue for the business.
- Assist the Business Manager with advancing business by identifying and driving business opportunities to reduce cost or improve revenue
- Successfully manage projects to resolution within specified timeframes and in accordance with regulatory guidelines, SGS Quality Manual, Operating Procedures and Codes of Conduct
- Supervise and undertake tasks of complexity (e.g. site survey, assessments, complex projects etc)
- Provide advice pertaining to irradiating apparatus, radioactive substances and shielding design to clients
- Understand and facilitate the disposal of radioactive sources
- Solid understanding of health physics, environmental physics, calibrations and analytical services
- Solid understanding of Victorian DHHS regulatory framework including other jurisdictions.
- Good initiative and experience in business development to identify business opportunities
- Previous managerial experience, including people development
- Strong computer and instrumentation skills
- Physics degree or other relevant degree
- Previous relevant experience in the field
- Working knowledge of all legislation, regulations, associated standards and codes of practice relevant to radiation health and in particular Victorian Radiation Health requirements
- Sound knowledge and experience applying the techniques of radiation monitoring, surveying, transport and disposal
At SGS you will be part of our dynamic and innovative culture, and will be rewarded with:
- Attractive remuneration salary packages
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career development opportunities (nationally and/or globally)
- Health & wellbeing incentives (gym membership rebates & discounted private health insurance)
- Paid Parental Scheme
- Access to financial products/services & corporate discounts
- Ongoing training and development