Part-Time Sample Pickup Driver
- 657 Consortium Ct, London, ON N6E 2S8, Canada
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 94,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
This position is responsible for the pickup and delivery of samples from SGS clients to SGS laboratory for testing.
- Following a pre-defined route, pick up samples from clients for delivery to SGS labs.
- Establish and maintain good relations with SGS customers/clients by providing courteous, efficient and professional pick up service of samples, and delivery of sampling supplies in a safe and timely manner.
- Complete log sheet and obtain customer signature for chain of custody and billing purposes.
- Take the temperatures of the samples upon receipt
- Maintain company vehicle in good order and in a clean condition.
- Maintain a safe and satisfactory driving record.
- Complete SGS Canada Defensive Driver training courses as required.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- Experience: Valid G driver’s license with recent drivers abstract.
Specific technical skills:
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
- Map reading, of formal maps.
- Candidates must be personable and able to establish good relationships with clients
- Ability to work well with others & independently.
- Proven time management skills
- Flexible work hours may be required from time to time.
- Travel to other SGS locations or client location
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.