Business Development Manager
- 555 Blackburn Rd, Notting Hill VIC 3168, Australia
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
We are a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things, and we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential
SGS is currently in the midst of an exciting growth phase where there is a focus on new business and in order to support this phase, we are excited to be recruiting! This role can be based in any state of Australia with flexibility to work from home and the office.
We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate individual to help develop and lead business development and commercial activities across Australia.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Actively prospect for new business opportunities, with a focus on large multi-site organisations
- Manage prospects through the full sales process from prospecting to close
- Develop and maintain sales plans to achieve KPIs with a focus on large multi-site contracts
- Ensure high quality, value adding client services focusing on quality, productivity and safety
- Be the point of contact for queries and client queries
- Oversee and provide feedback in relation to quotes, documentation and expressions of interest to maximise business growth and profitability
- Plan and schedule client visits
- Prepare monthly client service reports for both internal and external stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Experienced sales professional selling complex solutions to large multi-site organisations
- Demonstrated experience / working knowledge of client services management
- Target driven with experience in team selling environments
- Strong focus on quality, exceptional client services and safety
- Ability to adapt, drive change and implement strategic initiatives
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritization and delegation skills
- Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
We offer an open corporate and international culture, and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
WE SUPPORT A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong environment in the workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.