Quality Technician - Chemistry Laboratory
- 3260 Production Way, Burnaby, BC V5A 4R4, Canada
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations
This position is responsible for the continued administration and monitoring of the adherence of the Food laboratory operations to the Quality Management System policies and procedures set up by the Lab Management of the Food Laboratories.
This position assists the Food Lab operations on their practices with respect to the requirements of the quality management system and with all relevant accreditation programs. As directed and supervised by the Quality Assurance Manager, this position involves in the implementation, updating and monitoring of the quality practices in the Food laboratory operations
- Comply and work in accordance with the Quality System procedures
- Perform routine equipment verification/calibration
- Perform routine review and quality control of analysis and supporting records
- Maintain and monitor chemical, standard and reference control materials inventories and usage
- Maintain and monitor equipment inventory
- Review instrument qualification and maintenance records (IQ/OQ/PQ/PM)
- Assist the laboratory with Health and Safety related items such as Crystal reporting, BBO entries, etc.
- Maintain and archive laboratory and QA records
- Create/update SLIM method schemes/QC codes, setup/update/monitor QC performance of testing such as control charting and trend analysis.
- Write, review and revise quality management system documents as needed.
- Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, participate in internal audits, for-cause investigations and necessary follow up as needed .
- Assist and support the laboratory with investigation of non-conformances, customer complaints and determination of corrective actions, implementation of corrective actions, and testing quality control performance trends and biases.
- Participates in preparation and hosting of inspections by clients and regulatory agencies.
- B.Sc. or Diploma (Chemistry preferred) from a recognized technical institute with equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in laboratory testing operations is required.
- Previous laboratory experience in an ISO/IEC 17025 and/or GMP environment is preferred.
- Previous experience in a Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance role in a regulated industry is an asset.
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Ability to interpret and analyzing data with a strong science background.
- Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook,).
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly professional environment.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Competent in reviewing analytical procedures and practices.
- Ability to work independently and as a team under tight deadlines, and a strong attention to detail.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.