Radiation Consultant / Instrumentation Technician
- 13 Interlink Ct, Paget QLD 4740, Australia
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
SGS Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Services provides analytical, testing and field based measurement and sampling to a broad range of clients to address environmental regulatory compliance issues and reduce risk to the environment. We are looking for a Radiation Consultant / Instrumentation Technician to join our team within the Radiation section of our EHS team based in Paget.
As a Radiation Consultant/Technician your main duties will involve:
- Performing Field Service Radiation Consulting duties including Radiation Surveys, Audits, Compliance and Gauge Inspections and Wipe Test (contamination) Analysis.
- Coordination, preparation and Transport of Radioisotopes and containers.
- Loading and Unloading of Radiation Gauges in house; Including Gauge Refurbishment.
- Facilitating in house and onsite training programs.
- Assisting with the preparation and research of tender documents.
- Maintaining radiation safety in house and on field sites.
- Assisting with Customer Technical enquiries
- Performing Density Gauge Calibrations onsite.
- Service / Calibration of Process Control Instrumentation
As the successful candidates, you will have:
- Queensland Health issued License’s and Certificates (preferable).
- Process Control Instrumentation Certificate (preferable).
- Relevant experience in Radiation Safety.
- Capability to use a wide range of radiation detection instruments
- Experience working in the field
- Working knowledge of radiation physics and protection
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory requirements
We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong environment in the workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.