SQL Server Database Administrator
- Multiple Locations, Denver| Chicago| Houston, Multiple States, United States
- Employees can work remotely
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing, and maintaining our company's databases.
- Install and configure SQL Server instances (Database Engine, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Manage and monitor SQL Server instances (In VM, Managed Instance or SQL Azure).
- Design, deploy and monitor maintenance plans.
- Proficient with High Availability technologies (clustering, availability groups).
- Ability to Recover Databases with minimal data loss in case of disaster.
- Manage and monitor SSIS, SSRS and SSAS instances.
- Monitor and Tune Database Performance.
- Control Security Access and Permissions.
- Diagnose and Troubleshoot SQL Server Errors.
- Create Automation for Applicable Database Tasks.
- Write and Maintain Documentation.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a DBA OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle DBA
- Certification in Azure SQL
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.