Laboratory Technician (Entry Level)
- Unit 1 1-2 Links Industrial Park Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill, Cambridge, gb
"DO YOU HAVE A PASSION FOR SCIENCE?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE A PART OF ONE OF THE WORLDS LEADING TESTING, INSPECTION AND CERTIFICATION COMPANIES?
We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
- Job Title: Laboratory Technician
- Job Type: Temporary (6 months)
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Job Location: Cambridge
- Remuneration: As Laboratory Technician, you’ll receive a salary of £17,000 per annum, depending on experience level, plus you’ll benefit from a contributory pension scheme and other benefits
As laboratory technician you’ll be work within the microbiology laboratory, processing food and water samples from a range of clients.
- Prepare and analyse samples following the QMS guidelines and SOPs.
- Preparation of media culture for microbiological testing.
- Working with Seniors and other management staff to ensure results are reported within customer time frames.
- Ensure analysis is undertaken in a manner which meets the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g. ISO 17025) and regulatory compliance standards (e.g. RSA.)
- Ensure the timely testing of samples/reporting of data.
- Follow quality procedures laid down in the quality manual and relevant Laboratory SOP manual
To be successful in this role, you’ll have a passion for Science and hold a qualification in a scientific subject e.g. GCSE / A Level or equivalent
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
- A high level of attention to detail
- Completion of tasks in a timely manner and to the required standard.
- Flexibility with working shifts
- A demonstrable interest in science
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days