Laboratory Technician - Band 1- (Food Contamination)
- Unit 1 1-2 Links Industrial Park Trafalgar Way, Bar Hill,, Cambridge, United Kingdom
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
- Job Title: Laboratory Technician – Band 1 (Food Contamination)
- Job Type: Temporary (6 months)
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Job Location: Cambridge
- Remuneration: As Laboratory technician, you’ll receive a salary of £17,000 per annum, depending on experience level, plus a contributory pension scheme and other benefits
As Laboratory Technician – Band 1 (Nutrition) you’ll be responsible for developing skills in a range of preparation and extraction procedures. You’ll gain a basic understanding of the regulations and the science behind techniques used. Technicians will begin a training programme starting with the safe use of general laboratory equipment e.g. balances, syringes etc., understanding the correct use of PPE, potential hazards and laboratory housekeeping.
- Blend, extract and analyse samples following the QMS guidelines and SOPs.
- Working with Seniors and other management staff to ensure results are reported within customer time frames.
- Undertake analyses in accordance with Company procedures under supervision of the Section Manager and Analysts.
- Ensure analysis is undertaken in a manner which meets the requirements of any relevant accreditation standards (e.g., ISO 17025/MCERTS).
- Ensure that all received items of goods receipted daily and effectively manage stock within the department. This includes stock counts and reporting of stock.
- Ensure all relevant QA/QC criteria are met for analyses undertaken.
To be successful in this role, you’ll ideally have a qualification in science and ideally recent experience working in a laboratory.
In addition to the above you’ll also need to demonstrate the following;
- A demonstrable interest in science.
- Self –motivated.
- High level of attention to detail.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days