Business Development Director, Medical Devices
- Multiple Locations, Rutherford| New York City| Chicago| Houston| Los Angeles| San Diego, Multiple States, United States
- Employees can work remotely
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Business Development Director, Certification and Business Enhancement (CBE) North America, you will develop a profitable and sustainable Medical Devices business sector within CBE in US and Canada. This position will ensure the sustainability and success of the Medical Device business sector. To do this, you will be responsible for engaging with the commercial, service delivery, and technical teams; Develop a strategic plan, identify key growth initiatives and collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to expand the business sector.
- Support the developing of a comprehensive strategic plan to establish a robust pipeline of revenue.
- Identifies key growth initiatives and help driving the initiatives based on target medical devices market sectors and services to expand the business.
- Assist to defines and executes the roadmap to convert strategy into action with key milestones, timelines, and owners to drive business expansion.
- Working with Marketing team to completes a detailed market segmentation analysis annually that considers the competition, technology, market segments, pricing/margins, growth rates, SWOT analysis, geographies, and client profiles.
- Coordinates with the Key Account Specialists (KAS’s) to ensure audits are scheduled in a timely manner, and a high level of customer service is provided to the clients to expand the business.
- Conduct Technical file reviews, certificate decisions, and approve calculations of audit time
- Assist in the training/onboarding of new auditors and lead auditors
- Perform observation/witness audits as a part of SGS continuous qualification process.
- Support the Development of an SGS internal, best practices-based on standards to drive and ensure value added auditing by the audit team members.
- Deliver Training and support training material development, in conformance with the SGS Global / Local procedures as needed.
- Respond to client inquiries on all technical matters regarding SGS-CBE(Knowledge) certification /trainings for standards.
- Maintain competence and audit credentials by taking additional and/or refresher course(s), as necessary.
- Support the team to ensure that operational KPI’s (global and local) are met.
- Support to address client complaints about Technical File Reviewers (3P 510K), investigates the root-cause, and takes corrective action.
- Expands the service offering beyond Certification Services and seeks opportunities to broaden the Business Enhancement capability into key areas such as Performance Assessments, Supply Chain Risk Management, Training, and Advisory Services.
- Support the development of the systems, process, and procedures to effectively deliver the service. Proactively identifies opportunities to improve efficiencies.
- Support the Determination of the resource requirements (technical, commercial, and operational) to establish and grows the business.
- Support the recruiting and hiring process to ensure availability of resources in a timely manner.
- Collaborates daily with the other business sectors and functional areas Directors to ensure an effective management of resources: client base, technical resources, and reputation in the marketplace to aggressively grow the business.
- Partners with the Sales and Marketing teams to define and implement go-to-market strategies, and to develop a robust project pipeline across multiple market segments. Provide technical advice to sales, marketing, operations, and management as required.
- Establishes a winning culture that embraces change, risk taking, and innovative thinking.
- Maintains and develops knowledge and understanding of certification services, standards, regulatory requirements, and client expectations.
- Provides commercial support to the department including input to tender compilation and project/contract coordination.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sciences or Business Management, Operations or related discipline AND
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Medical Devices (Testing, Inspection, Certification), INCLUDING
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.