IT Application Support
- 8741 Paseo de Roxas, Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 80,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 1,650 offices and laboratories around the world.
Provide first level support through handling incidents and requests from end-users
Analyzes, escalate, and resolves application incidents and requests with readily available instructions
Validate requests and incidents priority based on urgency and impact
Monitor, review and follow up of pending incidents and requests
Received and prepare release announcement to keep track of application changes and to manage information dissemination to the business users
Performs ticket management and ensures that requests are executed and completed in a timely manner
- * Triage, escalate, resolve requests and incidents from end-users. Triaging ticket is to understand the issue, look for readily available solution, assign for further analysis of application related incidents, coordination and escalation with relevant resolver group.
- Managing ticketing system and ensuring comprehensive database of requests and incidents from identification to resolution is kept up to date
- Perform initial analysis, check for similar incidents, duplicate or recurring incidents, replicate issue and gather essential information before referring to technical support.
- Keep track of known solutions, establish and develop application knowledge database and use findings to respond to end-users
- Prepare release documents and announcement for application releases, hotfix and maintenance and manage information dissemination to user community
- Review of ticket life cycle, follow up to end-users or technical team whenever necessary
- Monitoring and tracking of severity 1 issues for appropriate escalation and follow-up, and update end-users
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned either in support of departmental goals or for his/her personal or professional training, education or development as programmed by his/her immediate superior.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering/Information technology/Service management courses.
- Has minimum 2 years work experience
- With good exposure in handling enterprise application software and has strong knowledge in Cloud Computing
- With strong analytical skills and has good decision making in handling complex issues
- Knowledge in ITIL Foundation is an advantage
- Has strong background in Incident Management
- With experiencing in ticketing systems
- Has working / logical understanding of how different systems can communicate or exchange data and transaction status using integration layers / middleware
- Preferably with experience in supporting application system of different frameworks
- IT Literate - Knowledgeable in the use of internet-based applications, e-mail communications, MS word & MS excel
- Must be a team player but also able to work independently
- Experience of multi-cultural environments.
- Experience or training in customer service work
- Ability to provide timely solution to problems that have clear-cut instruction and routing decision-making
- Experience to at least 1 business application
- Focus: The ability to remain focused on the mission, on what’s important to the business despite distractions of day to day Helpdesk tasks.
- Pro-activity: The ability to take initiative to make improvements.
- Teamwork: Ability to work in a team both local and remote
- Technical Skills: The ability to learn new products
- Customer Skills: The ability to interact with customers in a polite and professional manner