Laboratory Supervisor, OCM - Naperville, IL
- 1600 Shore Rd, Naperville, IL 60563, USA
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for the supervision and management of the Oil Condition Monitoring laboratory testing operations and staff; including the analysis and reporting of various products such as in-service lubricants, coolants, fuels and grease.
- Mentor and train Laboratory Chemist and Technicians; ensuring proper level of training among staff.
- Receive orders from clients on submitted samples; follow up on job progress and reports status to clients.
- Provide ‘best in class’ service to clients by promptly communicating issues or delays
- Provide assistance to clients in explaining Laboratory analysis, and technical solutions where appropriate.
- Responsible for all Laboratory analysis (hands-on working on the Bench).
- Keep current and understand all Laboratory analysis methods, laboratory safety and reporting techniques, quality practices and SOP’s.
- Prepare Laboratory reports and assist in monitoring / reporting Laboratory KPI’s to Management.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate operation, maintenance and calibration of Laboratory equipment.
- Provide recommendations to the Regional Laboratory Manager (equipment, training, staff requirements, scheduling, etc.).
- Participate in local marketing efforts
- Ability to build and lead an effective team and foster a sense of collaboration to achieve goals.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Acts accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, while achieving different deadlines.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Science, with emphasis in chemistry.
- Should have a minimum of 3 years of transferable experience (as it relates to specific responsibilities above) with increasing supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have experience with instrumentation and calibrations
- Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals and petroleum products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Must have flexible schedule, depending on schedule and location.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and other office applications.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.