Network Operations Center Engineer
- Citibank Tower Paseo de Roxas, Makati, Philippines
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. It operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Ticketing Systems
- Network support (LAN, WAN, and Wireless)
- Network Management System
- Firewall Support
- SSL-VPN Management
Provides advanced level troubleshooting in network related issues.
- Understands the issues involved in administering and maintaining corporate LAN and WAN
- Answer all trouble calls/emails and enters work orders into tracking system.
- Diagnose network problems and provides solution recommendation to global clients.
- Diagnose wireless problems and provide support to global users.
- Assists in configuration, implementation and management of Cisco, Aruba and Aerohive access points and controllers.
- Proxy filtering account management.
- Assists in administering and maintaining local and web-based versions of tracking software.
- Provides support to SSL VPN internal and external users.
- Configure and manage SSL VPN servers hosted remotely.
- Interacts with third party network providers to resolve and escalate network and security related issues.
- Provides responses to internal clients in a timely manner.
- Assists with the inventory management of network equipments.
- Provides SDWAN support.
- Provides monthly report.
- Complies with relevant Management Systems.
- Complies with the QHSE policies including but not limited to:
- Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS QHSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to QHSE.
- Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
- In accordance with the SGS QHSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
- Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
- Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
- Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, QHSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
- 4-5 years IT and Engineering course graduate
- BS Computer Engineering
- BS Electronics and Communication Engineering
- BS Computer Science
- BS Information Technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Helpdesk ticketing system (RT,ServiceNow or equivalent)
- Intermediate Cisco, Aruba, Aerohive wireless skills.
- CCNA certified - routing and switching.
- Advance SSL VPN configuration and management skills.
- Advance Firewall configuration and management skills.
- Experience in handling Network management system.
- Experience in handling bandwidth optimization system.
- Experience in network security.
- At least 5 years working experience in the field of network and security
- Experience troubleshooting and diagnosing problems in campus LAN / WAN and Wireless environments.
- Experience in supporting and designing wireless networks.
- Experience in Linux
- Network Management System skills
- Basic knowledge of SDWAN – Software Defined Wide Area Networking
- Experience with Microsoft Servers and Office products, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to manage and perform multiple activities at same time.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Ability to document complex technical issues effectively summarizing issues for a range of technical and business management.
- Prior experience with large to very large corporate computing environments to include multiple site locations providing 24x7 shifting schedule support.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.