- 6490 Vipond Dr, Mississauga, ON L5T 1W8, Canada
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
- Managing performance, revenue, and expeditures of the group, resource allocation.
- Responsible for re-evaluating, optimising and troubleshooting methods as required by clients.
- Responsible for providing guidance to and overseeing analysts and scientists within the department regarding the performance of their activities related to department.
- Monitor and maintain the flow of work and ensure effective scheduling of daily/weekly activities of staff.
- Prepare and revise appropriate quality documentation pertinent to QC Microbiology Department.
- Conduct comprehensive in-depth medical device reviews (including sterilization validation).
- Make complex decisions and perform activities relating to validation of analytical testing procedures.
- When there are testing failure, immediately report to the or the designee before proceeding further with the test, lead/assist failure investigations to identify the cause of failure and prepare a deviation report and/or Corrective Preventative Actions (CAPA) if it is appropriate.
- Monitor staff performance for quality, quantity and technology to ensure compliance and intervene with training / support to ensure standards are met and take appropriate actions where standards are not met.
- Prepare written proposals for headcount & skill management up or down for personnel and if new also detail required qualifications, experience and job description.
- Organize and execute candidate interviews and participate in final selection.
- Participate in departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory
- Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology or equivalent in experience or training. Minimum of 10 years previous analytical laboratory management experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a regulated environment, especially in the medical device industry, a plus.
- Through knowledge of microbiology principles plus demonstrated expertise in one or more disciplines of analytical microbiology required
- Thorough knowledge of ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 quality standards and familiarity with Medical Devices Directive (MDD)/EU Medical Device Regulation (MDR)
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada