Inside Sales Executive
- 4036 Youngfield St, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033, USA
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Make an impact with SGS! Our Sales team makes a difference in the lives of our customers, colleagues and community. SGS works to ensure the health and safety of our environment and community as a key partner in the cleanup of contaminated sites, ensuring we all have safe drinking water and helping clients minimize their impact on the environment.
Our team’s goal is to provide above and beyond client service along with industry leading technical expertise and our Inside Sales team is an important part of that objective. If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity in an incredible work environment with a team who is constantly looking for ways to exceed the needs of our clients, then this could be the role for you.
We’re looking for a motivated professional with excellent communication skills, attention to detail and a passion for outstanding customer service. The Inside Sales Executive position is essential to achieving our ambitious sales targets and growth objectives.
A day in the life of an SGS Inside Sales Executive
- Develop and manage sales and marketing material and documentation
- Continually keep up to date on SGS service offerings
- Using verbal and written communication skills explain SGS features, benefits and services to customers
- Prepare quotations and proposals for our clients.
- Act as a liaison between the outside sales team, client service representatives, and our customers.
- Thoroughly review all quotations for accuracy of LIMS test codes, detection limits, certification requirements, pricing, contract terms and subcontract requirements.
- Review and coordinate the development and implementation of client Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPPs).
- Serve as a resource to provide the most current technical information and guidance on test methods, laboratory requirements and regulations.
- Generate quotes and proposals that are accurate, and branded according to SGS standards
- Upon winning quote, communicate project specifics to Client Service and Sales team
- Bid follow up to determine outcome
- Lead generation through bid notification service
- Conduct discovery sessions with both qualified and unqualified leads
- Build instant rapport with clients over the phone
- Practice active listening to understand and identify client needs and determine potential opportunities.
- Answer client questions over the phone and provide supporting documentation via email.
- Maintain lead and client inquiry database as well as CRM
- Assess client needs against capabilities of SGS.
- Distribute qualified leads to Client Service and Sales team
- Provide proposal and opportunity intelligence to the Business Development Manager and Operations Manager.
- Represents SGS professionally and ethically in the marketplace.
- Continually develops personal selling skills, acquires industry knowledge, broadens expertise in environmental service offerings and applies them.
- Reports to the Inside Sales Manager.
- Develops a network of industry contacts with subcontractors and vendors.
- At all times comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
- 2 years experience in Environmental Industry preferred
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field; Chemistry, Biology, Environmental science
- 2 years experience in Technical sales, project management, or customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to build strong customer relationships as well as work effectively and collaborate internally
- Strong leadership, self-initiative, resource utilization and time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers or employees of the organization
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.